question for those in states that have inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for those in states that have inspections

Florida doesn't have inspections anymore but i have seen on some people's MRT's about having to pass to get the car on the road. i was wondering what all that entailed. not that i ever plan to leave the state of Florida but ya never know they may end up being pressured to start inspections back up and i want to know what that holds in store for me. thanks in advance guys.
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

The state of North Carolina requires only a visual inspection for cars 95 and older and obd2 for 96+.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I had mine done today and I barely passed. Car at it's lowest needs to be 16 inches off the ground. I'm 13 inches.

But yeah NH it's the same. Visual for 95 and older. OBD II 96 +
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

In tn no visual test Obd1 gets a tailpipe test which is super easy to past I deleted all my emissions lol. And ob2 gets the scanner test.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Thanks guys!

now someone from Cali needs to post what they need to pass an inspection lol from what i have heard Cali is really strict.

Comment

im currently going with the "dont get pulled over" approach to inspections.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

^^^Totally works.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                im currently going with the "dont get pulled over" approach to inspections.
                LOL that wouldn't work for me since i have had my Accord i have gotten pulled over 10 times in it. which makes me really glad Florida doesn't have inspections

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                  LOL that wouldn't work for me since i have had my Accord i have gotten pulled over 10 times in it. which makes me really glad Florida doesn't have inspections
                  well with my car looking much less stock than yours (read: low and loud ) if i can manage not to get pulled over, so can you
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

LOL i have a target painted on my forehead. for whatever reason they like picking on me for stupid BS that pretty much everyone gets away with. a few times i felt like i was only pulled over because they wanted to check me out. like when i was going 60 down this back road, broad daylight, a sheriff passes me going the opposite direction, pulls a quick u-turn to tell me my tag light was out. GOING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. he saw a pretty young female and wanted to check me out, that's all it was.

Comment

Maryland requires that any time a vehicle changes owners it must be inspected. If you buy a used 2009 it must be inspected once then but never again even if you own it for 20 years

Our inspection is very tough. They put your car on a lift and inspect everything from balljoint play to rotor runout. Its not easy to pass if you have an older car but once you do you're set.

We do have emissions every 2 years. obd1 they put a pipe on the exhaust and do a gas cap pressure test.

obd2 cars they just hook up a scan tool

Comment

wow tippey i'm glad i don't live there lol but atleast it's not an every year thing. if you keep the car for the rest of your life you only have the one inspection LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                          wow tippey i'm glad i don't live there lol but atleast it's not an every year thing. if you keep the car for the rest of your life you only have the one inspection LOL
                          yeah its no big deal. It really is a good thing for our old cars. I would like to know the condition of parts that hinge on my safety that aren't easy to get too

if your car is over 20 years old you can register it as historic and skip the inspection.

Comment

Nova Scotia seems to be one of the worst provinces in Canada for inspections. Most of the western provinces don't have inspections at all. I'm guessing one of the reasons the East Coast is worse is because of all the salt they put on the roads.

You have to get the car inspected every 2 years in Nova Scotia. They check pretty much everything: glass, lights, suspension, ehxaust and body (with a focus on rust holes on the last two). The section on suspension height says it has to be stock height and if it's higher or lower, you need to have an engineer's certificate for the modifications. Also, any body repairs have to be welded, backayard bondo or fiberglass jobs won't do.

I'm guessing the only people that like it are the politicians and new car dealers. Car owners hate it because it's a PITA and mechanics don't like it because the maximum they can charge for an inspection is $25. I wouldn't be surprised if the inspections are a major factor in why you don't see many vechicles more than 10 years old around here.

Comment

I never knew about the historic thing for the car though. I have been wondering why or how do they pass inspection if they are that old you know. As for me I dont have to worry about inspection that is what code scrubbers are for. No matter if the car has what on it it will always pass inspection, well except visual inspection lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X