Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone wear TOMS shoes? I need help with sizing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone wear TOMS shoes? I need help with sizing...

My drummer is getting married in a few weeks.
    He is, of course, one of the most irritating life forms on this planet... a hipster.

I'm in the wedding. I've already paid for my brown tuxedo, and now he wants me to get a pair of brown TOMS canvas shoes. Overpriced hipster ninja slippers...

Since the wedding is coming up quickly (and he JUST decided on the shoes), I don't really have time to screw around with ordering. There are no stores around here that sell them, so I have to order online. I also don't want to get stuck paying $44 plus shipping TWICE if I get the wrong size!

So, I wear an 11 in most shoes. 10.5 in Chuck Taylors.
    The TOMS site says that the sizing is accurate, and if you're between sizes you should get the smaller size, as they will stretch. So that makes me think 10.5. However, a reviewer on their page said that they come smaller than expected, and a size UP should be ordered. So I'm confused. I don't want to get the wrong size! I'm about to order some 11s, but something tells me that those shoes would be REALLY uncomfortable if they're loose... and equally uncomfortable if they're tight!

I figure most people that have owned a pair of TOMS have probably had a pair or two of Chucks as well... so if someone could make a sizing comparison between the two, it'll be a huge help!

No hipsters around on a Tuesday afternoon, eh?

Comment

It appears that on Toms website there is a "chat" feature with customer service.. Perhaps try asking them? I'm sure they could give you a good answer.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        It appears that on Toms website there is a "chat" feature with customer service.. Perhaps try asking them? I'm sure they could give you a good answer.
        Scott - 1pt

Mike - 0

Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I missed that!

I figure they'll probably tell me what the site says... get the smaller end of my usual size.

My drummer says he wears an 8 normally, and a 9 in TOMS, so I'm confuzzled.

Comment

ask them how they compare to converse all stars, the "hipster" on the other end probably has had both Toms and Chucks.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Actually... you're right.

Watch, they probably employ the underprivileged kids that they give the shoes to for free as their tech support...

Comment

I personally wear 11's in Pumas and 11's in Toms. Not sure if that helps even the slightest bit

Comment

Are Pumas sized weird, or do you wear an 11 in other shoes as well?

That's the only thing that's getting me... I have 3 pairs of shoes that I wear... Chucks, at 10.5. Florsheim Noble dress shoes at 11 (they fit perfectly), and Doc Marten boots, 11 (and I need to add insoles to make them fit... they're too big otherwise.)

Comment

I'm pretty sure I wear 11's in most brands. I've mostly worn Pumas and my Toms for the last few years though. (Not a hipster lol, I got my pair way back in the day before they really got big)

Comment

I tried on TOMS and found them to be very uncomfortable. I normally wear an 11 or 12 depending on the brand and I tried the TOMS on in 12 and they fit, however like I said they were rather uncomfortable, so I hope after the ceremony you can change your shoes.

Comment

Yeah, I probably will... I'll have my chucks waiting for me in my car... like I do at every wedding.

I hate the way they look... especially since I'll be getting doo-doo brown ones.

Comment

Hipsters.... ugh. If you're not going to wear tuxedo shoes at a wedding, its Chuck Taylors or nothing.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                            Hipsters.... ugh. If you're not going to wear tuxedo shoes at a wedding, its Chuck Taylors or nothing.
                            Yeah man. You know what's up!

It was going to be Vans initially... which would be much better. But apparently they stopped making the shit brown that my buddy wanted.

Comment

Maybe you can wear these Chucks to the wedding instead

Comment

Working...
                              X