Finally upgraded my equipment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally upgraded my equipment...

My former bandmates are absolutely BROKE... and like the good douchebag friend that I am, I've taken full advantage of this!

My guitarist is going through a divorce, and is unemployed. My options were to buy his stuff and keep him in his apartment... or let him move in with me. This was a no-brainer. I bought the stuff!

My other guitarist (who left the band some time ago, before we officially broke up), has been making a documentary about tattoo shops across the country, and it's totally sapping his finances. Hopefully it'll get picked up by someone and he'll make money on it! Until then... he had stuff to sell... and I bought it.

My drummer is getting married next month, and he has drums to sell... the last piece of the puzzle! I'll be getting those once I get paid again... because now I'M broke!

Anyway, here's my haul so far:

Bass stuff

-Fender Jazz Bass (Mexican-made, so it's not one of the REALLY good American ones... but still damn good.)
    -Ampeg IsoVent cabinet (only 357 of them made from what I've read.)
    -Ampeg BR2 amp (not a powerhouse, but good for small venues... my EQ is missing some sliders, but that can be fixed.)

Guitar stuff
    -Ibanez Artcore hollowbody electric
    -Orange Tiny Terror (like the BR2, not a powerhouse... but plenty for small venues)
    -Peavey Valve King cabinet

Recording stuff
    -MAudio Delta 1010 (with sound card... not pictured)
    -SM Pro Audio PR8 Preamp

All this was accumulated over the past couple months (mainly as my guitarist needed rent...) The bass amp and cab were purchased last night. That's when I realized how much stuff I actually have!

That's all added to the somewhat large collection I've already amassed over the years.

DIY rock/metal band FTW !!!!!!!
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

If I can figure out how to program drums, I can be like Ministry!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        just make drum loops in FL Studio, lol
        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

I need to figure out how to do that! I'll be buying drums, but my neighbors will shoot me if I play them in my house.

Comment

I need to figure out how to do that! I'll be buying drums, but my neighbors will shoot me if I play them in my house.
            the neighbors won't shoot if you play something good
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Fuck neighbors.

As long as the sun is out, your good to go.

Honestly i need to come over and check out that Orange box. From that show i saw, it sounded good and i was looking at them the other day but im not sure if it will limit my sound (as opposed to getting like a 100w Marshall Head)

Comment

Sounds like you're a one man band now.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                  the neighbors won't shoot if you play something good
                  Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Fuck neighbors.

As long as the sun is out, your good to go.

Honestly i need to come over and check out that Orange box. From that show i saw, it sounded good and i was looking at them the other day but im not sure if it will limit my sound (as opposed to getting like a 100w Marshall Head)
                  Eh, if I didn't have to live next to these people all the time, sure... but the one lady already won't even speak to me anymore after my last band! The kid across the street plays his drums for 45 minutes a day, in the early evening, and he is GOOD. He's relatively quiet, and plays along to classic rock like Rush and Journey... and some assgoblin neighbor filed an anonymous police report... we don't even know who it was that did it! The kicker is, the kid has been practicing like that since 2004 without complaint.

Ralph, it's a good little head. In fact, you've heard it in action

You took that picture

Comment

Electronic Drums

FL Studio, MIDI input/outputs and a bad ass computer...

Deev you can do damage...

I gotta send you some of my stuff one of these days
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Eh, if I didn't have to live next to these people all the time, sure... but the one lady already won't even speak to me anymore after my last band! The kid across the street plays his drums for 45 minutes a day, in the early evening, and he is GOOD. He's relatively quiet, and plays along to classic rock like Rush and Journey... and some assgoblin neighbor filed an anonymous police report... we don't even know who it was that did it! The kicker is, the kid has been practicing like that since 2004 without complaint.

Ralph, it's a good little head. In fact, you've heard it in action

You took that picture
                      hahaha!!!

Ya man thats the show im talking about.

When you get the drums and have everything set up, im def going to come down and hang out.

Hopefully we can move over the bridge this year and then it will be cheaper to come down there.

Comment

Definitely. Hopefully Nick will let me set the drums up in his basement (he lives a few doors down, but the neighbors don't hate him... yet.) He wants to play drums, so it could be a good setup! He's a metal guy, too.

Comment

Nice man I can't wait to hear some new stuff. As for the drums, have you ever thought about getting one of these?

Eight velocity-sensitive drum pads with Dynamic Articulation
                          Built-in professional drum machine for recording and playing back custom beats
                          50 Preset/50 User drum kits with 233 sounds assignable to any pad
                          Built-in rhythm patterns
                          Large LCD display with easy-to-navigate interface
                          Dynamic Articulation stereo samples with reverb and ambience for realistic playing
                          Two inputs for optional external kick and hi-hat pedals
                          Stereo input for playing along with a CD or MP3 player
                          MIDI output to trigger external MIDI devices
                          High-quality 24-bit stereo and headphone output - practice quietly with headphones, or plug into an amplifier
                          Lightweight, durable enclosure

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                          My member's ride

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about getting something like that a few times. I still may, though I think I'd probably be even worse at programming beats on that than I would be in a computer program!

I've also given some consideration to a full electronic drum kit... but I don't know if i want to put forth the money to buy one when I'm a total novice at playing drums. At least with the stuff pictured above (other than the recording equipment) I can play it in my sleep!

Comment

If you're going to do any kind of electronic drums programs, I'd recommend Superior Drummer 2.0. You can get amazing real tones that don't SOUND like you know it's a computer program. Not to mention if you did get a real electronic kit, you could always play your real drums and send the midi into SD

Obviously, you probably know I listen/play heavier stuff, but I'm going to show you a very calm sample of SD. I picked this song because the drums are very prominent on it
                              (Try to listen with some good headphones/speakers to hear the real quality)

Drums start at about :55, and honestly I think the drum mix is fantastic on this song.

Comment

Working...
                              X