Unless more step up, iPhone hacking could come to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
    Expensive garbage? Your opinion. I like my better material, better resale, more user friendly interface (subjective).

Most business people are staying away from RIMM, their sales figure shows it

I can make my ip4 or HTC better as well, both different platform

Don't be a fanboy because you have a droid. BTW, there are more iphones sold than droid. So much for being limited right?
    Agreed.

My iPhone 4 is extremely well built. It feels like it is made of high quality materials. There are no plastic bits and engravings are so well detailed.

My BB, on the other hand, is obviously lower quality, but has that incredibly badass keyboard that no manufacturer of mobile phones that I've tested has come close to.

I've never had a good experience with the Android OS.

On tablets, it was a joke. I couldn't believe that tablets with Android actually made it to market.

The Android phones are neat, hardware wise. I'd still prefer the iPhone, but I will admit that iOS is starting to age and I'll be happy when Apple introduces a completely revamped operating system.
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
      It's also not a moto either...

Motorola is damn good at making RISC Chips (they were in Mac's before they went Intel). Samsung IMO is substandard to Moto...
      Moto's are notorious for freezing up and rebooting (i would know, i owned 3 of them)

Samsung makes a DECENT phone. I have a Samsung Fascinate and i have had no real issues. It is rooted running CM7.

Even when i had a Motorola rokr 7 or 8 years ago, they were garbage phones.

And Moto is notorious for locking their bootloaders making it a pita to root their phones.....even though they have vowed to ease back on their stronghold, it should have been unlockable from day one imo.

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post

Don't be a fanboy because you have a droid. BTW, there are more iphones sold than droid. So much for being limited right?

I agree with you, the iPhone feels way more solid and complete then most of the Android phones out there.

But....

HTC phones will outlast ANY iPhone any day of the week. I have had a dozen HTC phones and beat them to hell and my god do they make a solid phone.

I have also seen dozens of iPhones go to the garbage due to a cracked screen. I have never seen an Android device with a cracked screen(not that they don't exist, im sure they do)

Also your facts are wrong. I believe sometime last year, Android devices started outselling the iPhone and iirc, iPhone is still being outsold in the phone market. Basically they peaked and unless they change drastically (lol) it will remain as it is now until the next thing comes along.

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
      Agreed.

My iPhone 4 is extremely well built. It feels like it is made of high quality materials. There are no plastic bits and engravings are so well detailed.

My BB, on the other hand, is obviously lower quality, but has that incredibly badass keyboard that no manufacturer of mobile phones that I've tested has come close to.

I've never had a good experience with the Android OS.

On tablets, it was a joke. I couldn't believe that tablets with Android actually made it to market.

The Android phones are neat, hardware wise. I'd still prefer the iPhone, but I will admit that iOS is starting to age and I'll be happy when Apple introduces a completely revamped operating system.

What made Android a joke on the tablets?

Did you use one with 3.1 Honeycomb?

I can understand not feeling it, but the OS being a joke? Little harsh....im just curious what it was that you disliked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        I agree with you, the iPhone feels way more solid and complete then most of the Android phones out there.

But....

HTC phones will outlast ANY iPhone any day of the week. I have had a dozen HTC phones and beat them to hell and my god do they make a solid phone.

I have also seen dozens of iPhones go to the garbage due to a cracked screen. I have never seen an Android device with a cracked screen(not that they don't exist, im sure they do)

Also your facts are wrong. I believe sometime last year, Android devices started outselling the iPhone and iirc, iPhone is still being outsold in the phone market. Basically they peaked and unless they change drastically (lol) it will remain as it is now until the next thing comes along.
        you know, i don't understand the cracked screen also. i see a few that needed repairs. my friend went through 2 iphone 3gs and damaged their screens. have no idea how he does it. but he has moved to an ip4 and no issues so far, supposedly they have a sturdier glass but who knows

the facts about phone sales, did you take the info nationwide or worldwide? i used the later

Comment

There is so much bullshit in this thread

Its funny to see people bash the iPhone. You can't say its a shitty phone, it is very well built the the operating system is VERY stable. I mean come on they've been slowly improving it for the last 4 years.

To say that an HTC will out last any iPhone is just stupid to say. Any phone can outlast any other phone. it all depends on how its taken care of. Personally i've never had a phone die without and obvious cause of death ( like being dropped on the ground or in water )

The first iPhone literally set the stage for any current phone. It made all the designers go back to the drawling board and stop building shitty phones with proprietary OS's that were unstable pieces of shit and were never updated.

At the end of the day though i don't care what other people think when it comes to phones. I choose my device and I'm not going to switch because a few people don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

At the end of the day though i don't care what other people think when it comes to phones. I choose my device and I'm not going to switch because a few people don't like it.

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
              a friend had a galaxy s. doesn't install programs just uses it normally.
              the phone was constantly locking up. and would think for a long time
              sent it back to samsung now it drops calls all the time.
              phone rarely works for phone calls even if he does answer.

apparently it's real glitchy now I don't know all the specifics.

my mum has an s2 hasn't played up yet.
              Umm, put a custom rom.

Please explain this one to me? It's a computer in your hand. If you are trying to do the shit I am doing I can see why you would say that but even then I haven't really had any issues with mine (rooted and hacked).
              Mine to, rooted and hacked running cognition 5 rom and gingerbread kernal. One solid rom.

But if his phone is fucked up, thats his problem lol
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Don't be a fanboy/girl
                after the rest of that post..i really have to ask.

lolwut?

and you can say what you want about how "limited" the iphone is, but everything in ios just works. after a little over a year of owning the 4, i can count the number of times ive had trouble with it on one hand. this includes dropping it on my sidewalk turning the screen into a psychedelic stained glass window, then going to the apple store and getting hooked the fuck up with a free replacement (no warranty for drops). customer service is what apple does better than everyone. theres no passing the buck with apple products since its all in house (which shines especially bright after working in tech support myself). nice little tangent i went off on there. you could say im pro-apple, without the need to shit all over everything else. fuck fanboys.

on the flipside, if youre the type that wants an iphone, but it IS, in fact, too limited for you, you should, by default, have the ability to jailbreak it yourself.

on the..other..flipside..
                ..its a god damn phone. why is this shit so important that it generates pages of replies every time its brought up? shits as bad as xbox vs ps3. grow the fuck up.
                Last edited by texasvtak; 09-21-2011, 03:46 AM.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                  ..its a god damn phone. why is this shit so important that it generates pages of replies every time its brought up? shits as bad as xbox vs ps3. grow the fuck up.
                  Opinions are like nipples, everyone has one
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                  X