X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 4 at Yankee Stadium

Here is a link to my FB album.

Show was fucking amazing.

I can't believe how tight everyone was and how unbelievably loud they were.

Worth every penny!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...c625209&type=1

Enjoy!

Oh and sorry the pictures are rough, i didn't bring my SLR since i don't have a zoom lens so i had to use my trusty SD790!

Group jam at the end? Holy crap!

Did you actually see Dave Mustaine on stage at the same time as Metallica?
    Man, Kerry King looks like Bam Bam Bigelow.

Comment

No i don't believe Mustaine was out there, but im sure that has to do with his spinal stenosis.

Im pretty confident if he was in better shape he'd have been out there.

Ya man the show was worth it, even though it was pricey.

I have nothing to compare them to as i didn't see them 30 years ago, but holy shit they sound just as good as any footage i've seen or heard from yesteryear.

Metallica had some slippery moments but Slayer, for as fast and brutal as they are, were unbelievably tight. (i know, i know you aren't a huge fan!)

I was not prepared for Slayer to rip through their set in like 30 fucking minutes leaving me with barely a voice and completely satisfied lol.

Megadeth was on point, though people criticize them for this, i think it shows true talent to play live as close to the album as possible. Although they were distant, probably due to Mustaines condition.

And Anthrax got us all in the mood right off the bat.

Being from NYC and being hardcore Yankee fans(booo!) they came out and did their thing.

All in all it was fucking great!

Comment

Anthrax I would've truly liked to see. Megadeth has always bored me (though I didn't know Mustaine's condition... listening to a Rolling Stone interview with him now about it... it's a shame, though hearing him talk has actually increased my respect for him quite a bit.) Slayer... I want to like, and they have some great songs... but they never impressed me. The one time I saw them at Ozzfest was lame. Metallica... I wish I had seen them before Load... like, the black album and before... I saw them once, touring for Load, and even the old songs sounded like new songs. I still respect their talent, and even the new songs are good... but the Metallica I fell in love with as a kid is no more.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Anthrax I would've truly liked to see. Megadeth has always bored me (though I didn't know Mustaine's condition... listening to a Rolling Stone interview with him now about it... it's a shame, though hearing him talk has actually increased my respect for him quite a bit.) Slayer... I want to like, and they have some great songs... but they never impressed me. The one time I saw them at Ozzfest was lame. Metallica... I wish I had seen them before Load... like, the black album and before... I saw them once, touring for Load, and even the old songs sounded like new songs. I still respect their talent, and even the new songs are good... but the Metallica I fell in love with as a kid is no more.
          Ya Anthrax really gave it all, you could tell, that they were happy as school kids to play Yankee.

Ya i know, i was listening to Creeping Death yesterday and i was like how the fuck did they get to where they are now haha.

Comment

Working...
          X