Reality hit me today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality hit me today.

When I was young, my life was pretty good. Always had food to eat, never had to worry about having money for my favorite game. Any way, today I come home and reality really hit me hard. Everything that I used to have was gone and my life is hard now. Living off of $129/week is not easy. No cable, barely any food, and no money. I am trying to get a job after school but no one wants to hire me until I graduate or can somehow get to work while I am supposed to be at school. Dropping out is not even close to an option to me so I'm basically stuck doing random jobs to make some money for food.

Another thing that really hit me hard today was a conversation I had with my father. I had asked me to lend me a simple $40 to get a few simple groceries and he said yes, but his wife bumped her nosy ass into our business and said no to me. This pissed me off more than anything in the world. All I asked for was a simple $40 to get some food and I know that is just pocket change for him seeing as he has $9000 in the bank right now.

My family isn't trying to do anything to try and help us out either. My aunts and uncles would rather watch a tv show then give me a ride home from staying after school to make up a test. It's as if we don't even exist. Only people helping out my mom are my sisters and I. Life is a bitch and it won't be getting any better for a while.
    /rant.

Cliffnotes: I'm poor, hungry, and can't make any money at all.

damn dude. im sorry to hear that, but at the end of the tunnel there is always light. stay posative and keep pushing on!

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
    #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
    #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

I don't know what your mother makes annually but have you guys thought of temporally applying for food stamps? My friend made me go down with him to the local office and apply when we both got laid off. Even though it's only 80 bucks a month, with proper budgeting, i can make that last like 3 weeks. I don't even use it on myself, I let my brother and sister eat with that money because my mother pretty much uses her pay checks to pay the mortgage and other bills.

Just remember in your time of need who was there to help you.

Comment

Sounds to me like alot of people related to you are losers. No offense intended. Its a fucked up situation you are in.

Comment

Stay positive and keep working hard in school. It will all pay off eventually. When you have any free time, use it to make connections. Sometimes just knowing the right person is the key to opening a door that can change your life.

Good Luck, buddy. I Believe in you!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            I don't know what your mother makes annually but have you guys thought of temporally applying for food stamps? My friend made me go down with him to the local office and apply when we both got laid off. Even though it's only 80 bucks a month, with proper budgeting, i can make that last like 3 weeks. I don't even use it on myself, I let my brother and sister eat with that money because my mother pretty much uses her pay checks to pay the mortgage and other bills.

Just remember in your time of need who was there to help you.
            She did when she got cancer and they gave her a whopping $16/month. WTF can I get with $16 that will last me 2 days? I find it funny that my neighbor we have known for a whole 6 months is helping us out more than our own family.

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
            Sounds to me like alot of people related to you are losers. No offense intended. Its a fucked up situation you are in.
            Thats what happens when you go from being broke to having money. This situation has taught me a lot about life and is just making me stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
              She did when she got cancer and they gave her a whopping $16/month. WTF can I get with $16 that will last me 2 days? I find it funny that my neighbor we have known for a whole 6 months is helping us out more than our own family.

wow that's kinda messed up.

Comment

Thats a excellent way to look at it.

Comment

That's tough man, stay positive, something will come along and bless you with better finances!
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I just got a reply from my shop instructor that he his buddy has a job opening at a local auto body shop but I would have to wait till February for the school to let me go out on CO-OP(Go to work instead of my shop every other week). The pay is $12/hour and I will be doing what I enjoy but waiting until February is a long time.

Comment

You could work at a mcdonalds or something till then. Minimum wage at 32 hours is better than whatever that one hundreds bucks is from.

Comment

Could be worth the wait though

Comment

Damn bro i feel you, its hard these times.

If theres a target store near you apply right now since 4th quater is about to begin(christmas time) and they will be hiring for sure. Its two interviews you gotta pass, theyr pretty easy.

CALI LIFE STYLE
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

its tough man but keep your chin up. at one point my family had to live in a church. apply for food stamps again and see what other things you can apply for. go around asking people if they want their lawns cut or something. details cars, anything. you will have to resort to basically eating the same meal most of your days (cook a big pot of rice and just eat that for a few days). its really tough man. my family is the same way. we visit them and what not but they never do. when they need something we help them. when we need something we are ignored! just keep living and be positive. see if your school has programs that let you go to school half the day and work the other half (my school had it)

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

sorry to hear that at age 16.. take you education very serious at this point ...let nothing else matter .. its you way out my friend...only you can chose your destiny.. you and your family were put in this position for a reason, make the change happen with you..GL and god bless. I know you will see better days. keep your head up.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X