Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Own or Driven a Newer Honda Insight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be wary of the Leaf, though I think it's fairly affordable. Under $30k, I believe. I just went to the Leaf website in another tab, clicked back over here as it was loading, and forgot about it. It started bleeping and blooping at me, so I got scared and clicked it off.

Anyway, if the fairly common Prius has expensive specialized parts... the Leaf, being brand new and one of a kind (in terms of mainstream electric vehicles) would most likely be far more expensive than the Prius. Of course, it'd be new... but being a brand new vehicle using brand new technology, who knows how long it will remain reliable.

Of course... if you get a Leaf, I'm driving down to MD to check it out!

Comment

Whats that one that just came out with a lot buzz, the volt? Seems like no one is talking about it anymore.

Comment

I think the Volt is priced over 40k... my friend's mom has one, but I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

toyota uses their hybrid tech throughout their lineup so it keeps costs down. the prius' hybrid tech have been proven since the first prius. honda keeps changing their hybrid tech so no real long term unless you consider the first gen insight but that does not have any shared component with the newest one

tons of prius with more than 100k miles and no issues. there was issues with the inverters (bad batch) but those have been fixed since toyota has a 100k/10year warranty on all their hybrid components

people who buy hybrids are not the type to mistreat them, it takes a lot to damage them

they both drive differently so i suggest you drive both

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

But yeah... brand new Insight > used Prius. Hybrids are great... efficient, seemingly well made, ugly as sin
            I really like the new insight
            You cant tell me you think this is a ugly car.
            I really wanted to get one of the older ones, but they cost way to much.

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL
            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I actually think it's kind of ugly. The front end reminds of a 9th gen civic and the rear is too big. Do they keep the batteries in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I think the Volt is priced over 40k... my friend's mom has one, but I haven't seen it yet.
                Nasty interior, too.

Shame because it looks pretty rad.
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                X