survival on an island - pick one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

survival on an island - pick one

as says, your stuck on the island for 3 years with jurassic park style dino's wanting to kill ya! wich set up would you take and why?!

id go for A, hide my ass in a cave, snipe off some dino's in the brain and eat em up, use the medi kit to fend off from infections and sickness, and use the knife to cut out some juicy tbone steaks from the dinos...

i can easily make a fire..so B is kinda useless for me...water purification pills are wasted since you have a flint stick to boil water...and lets face it...i aint gonna kill shit with an axe...

so what one would you guys pick and why?
    ..[CB7][STAR]..
    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

IDK man.. A and C seem to be my choices..

If i'm on a tropical island, chances are there are coconuts. After watching Bear Grylls, starting a fire seems pretty easy using coconut husks so B is out.

If i just lose hope, i'd probably just use the rope to hang myself and get it over with. C at least comes with the SAS training manual so at least it'll show me how to find water and survive off the land. The machete is just the icing on the cake. so i guess yeah my choice would be option C.

Comment

A hands down

a knife can be used for ANYTHING
      the medical kit is very important and needed (also make fire with mixed chemicals)
      the hunting rifle is important but not really needed. but i guess against dinos it may help for protection and hunting. (hard can be used to make fire)
      also the fresh moving water is vital in that location!

B is just weird. an axe is good to have but wont help you in the long run especially in a tropical setting
      also as stated, the purification pills are useless when you have a firestarter.

C is an alright choice.
      The SAS book is filled with tons of good info from shooting a rifle to shelter building to kinds of food to eat. the rope however, is useless since strong vines can be found anywhere and with the SAS book itll let you know what kinds to get water from as well.
      a machete is always useful

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

does the sas book tell you how to paint your face like rambo?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          does the sas book tell you how to paint your face like rambo?
          i believe its dark green on high points (cheek bones, nose, forehead, chin etc.) and light green on low points wich will give your face a "flat look".
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
            i believe its dark green on high points (cheek bones, nose, forehead, chin etc.) and light green on low points wich will give your face a "flat look".
            that is good information.

Comment

It doesn't matter what i choose i would get my ass kicked

I guess A or C so i can just kill myself

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                The army teaches you that.....

Id pic C. at least i could use the book when i got bored enough to read or wipe my butt with it and the rope to hang myself before i became dino diarrhea.

Comment

I'd take the North Island, (In NZ)

I'd hire the local Maori's and let them show me the way to food, water, shelter and safety.
                  Then we would find the dinosaurs, kill them and eat them.

Semi True story . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post

I'd hire the local Maori's and let them show me the way to food, water, shelter and safety.

Semi True story . . .
                    so dinosaurs DO exist
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      so dinosaurs DO exist
                      Excluding the Croc - They Did about 200 years ago.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

A is wat i would take i can do alot more wit a rifle and a knife than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post

Semi True story . . .
                          Would Dinos be afraid of the Haka? lol

anyways, i would pick C considering the handbook would show me a lot of useful things that i probably don't know, and killing shit with a machete would be pretty sweet haha

Picture courtesy of JezzWolf!

Comment

I'd pick B. The thing you guys are forgetting about is that when Bear Grylls does something on TV, he has about 100,000 takes and he's also ex-SAS. Trust me, making fire in a TROPICAL environment with 100% humidity is going to be insanely tough. During the rainy season you probably won't even be able to keep a fire going which is why the purification tablets are so important.

The axe is also 100X more durable than the knife and rifle combined.

The knife is a good choice but the rifle is just stupid. You're going to take a scoped rifle into a JUNGLE where visibility is going to be less than 10-20 feet normally. Maybe you can get a good shot off every now and then but in the jungle environment, meat goes off very quickly. Not to mention the fact that it'll be caked with mud and without oil and cleaning tools it'll be non-functional in no time. Good luck with 3 years.

The 10' of rope is stupid and a waste. You can make your own with vines. The SAS handbook would be good for tips but it won't last long in the moist jungle environment.

Seriously, B is the answer.
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I'd like to mention, i'd rather hang myself then survive by drinking my own piss.

Personally i'd rather have the machete because that, i can resharpen. The axe, sure i could resharpen also but who knows, the handle might break making it a shorter hatchet.

Comment

Working...
                              X