Vr6 Cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vr6 Cb

So i have a VW friend and he came up with the idea of doing a VR6 in CB. I think it would be a sweet idea

have fun with wiring, motor mounts, axles, crossmembers, etc. gonna be a bumpy ride!

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

yeah like anything the idea sounds sweet but as you stated most likely wont work lol

Comment

Try putting a Lamborghini motor in a cb. Then I will be impressed!

Comment

a few of my buddies drive vr6's and ill be the first to admit they are the best sounding engines, hands down, no questions asked...ever. idea ran trhough our minds and convos a milllion times, good swap

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
            Try putting a Lamborghini motor in a cb. Then I will be impressed!
            2x, lmao
            1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
            For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

It'll be a total headache to complete the swap, and it'd be quite nose-heavy (that's one downfall to the VR6.). However, the VR6 is a nice compact design, and would probably fit more easily than a J series. It's a more compact way of getting 6 cylinders under the hood of a CB. It's not a terrible idea, honestly. No worse than a J swap, aside from mixing brands.

If it were me though, for the amount of work it would take, I'd convert the CB to RWD or AWD, rather than go through pains just to swap in another FWD motor.

Comment

id rather have a turbo ecotec or turbo h22 or something other than a VW power plant. they are all slow for a reason.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

vw horsepower is different than honda horsepower.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Im not sure if a VR6 is diesel, but if youre going through all that stuff, make sure that the VW engine is TDI.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                      Im not sure if a VR6 is diesel, but if youre going through all that stuff, make sure that the VW engine is TDI.
                      So you felt the need to comment without even knowing what you were talking about? Is Google broken?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Is Google broken?
                        this should be in the deeve quote thread lol

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          So you felt the need to comment without even knowing what you were talking about? Is Google broken?
                          Sorry lol.

Let me revise that comment I made.

I believe the placing a TDI VW engine into the CB7 would be more impressive than the non diesel VR6.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                          Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

I'd say they're about equal, for different reasons. The VR6 is a very compact 6 cylinder, so it would most likely fit under the hood of a CB much better than most other 6 cylinder motors (the J series sits high, requiring a modified hood.) The VR6 engines have a decent amount of aftermarket support, and they can be made into decent performers. Plus, the design is pretty damn cool
                            The VW diesel would also be good... very common, very reliable, very well made. I usually dog VW, but they DO know how to make a pretty fantastic diesel.

Comment

the 1.9 tdi can be modded to make impressive amoutns of torque and get good mileage. ive seen factory jetta wagons with close to 40mpg.

check this out too.
                              http://www.hpamotorsport.com/tdijeep.htm
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X