Suggestions for NYC and NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for NYC and NJ

Going to six flags NJ one day. NYC the next I am from MA.

What should I see.. ? What hotel for about $250 a night? etc...
    Six flags is in a bad area so probably not getting a hotel there due to not wanting to get shanked...

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    Going to six flags NJ one day. NYC the next I am from MA.

What should I see.. ? What hotel for about $250 a night? etc...
    Six flags is in a bad area so probably not getting a hotel there due to not wanting to get shanked...
    Jackson, NJ is bad?
    I always thought that was a small town by the shore?

To be honest, there's really nothing more to do in Jersey.

I would much rather travel about 45mins out of your way and visit Philly.

Now, NYC is a different story.
    You can visit a whole bunch of famous filming locations.
    Famous tall buildings.
    Off the wall night clubs.
    Off the wall small mom and pop restaurants...
    China town, Little Italy...
    List goes on and on...

Comment

In a bad area? That area is actually pretty nice.

The website has a link for affiliate hotels, so that may be worth checking out. $250 a night is a pretty good chunk... so you can probably find plenty of nice places for that price!

But yeah... unless you want to visit the Jersey shore (and the SOUTH Jersey shore is better... Ocean City, Wildwood, Cape May...), or go visiting historical locations, you'd be better off setting your sights on Philly.

I don't know my way around NYC very well, so I'm no help there!

Comment

id wait a couple weeks and see if that area of the country is still around first..

i keeed.. i keeed..

Comment

Right now we're getting pummeled by what I would call, in my expert opinion, a "delicate drizzle".

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
            Jackson, NJ is bad?
            I always thought that was a small town by the shore?

To be honest, there's really nothing more to do in Jersey.

I would much rather travel about 45mins out of your way and visit Philly.

Now, NYC is a different story.
            You can visit a whole bunch of famous filming locations.
            Famous tall buildings.
            Off the wall night clubs.
            Off the wall small mom and pop restaurants...
            China town, Little Italy...
            List goes on and on...
            Ive been there a while ago.. From the people that go to the park I figured it was a bad area...

Comment

The plan is go to six flags first day... Either stay in that area and find a hotel or drive the ?hour? to NYC and get a hotel there.

Comment

People in the ghettos don't have amusement parks (well... Clementon Park... But even they import even more ghetto people from Camden!) Therefore, you're getting all the Trenton, Newark, Paterson, Camden, etc... people going to Six Flags. It's also right off of most of the major highways that run through the state... so it's easy to get to for damn near everybody!

The funny thing is... I've lived here all my life, and I've never been.

And yeah, NYC will be an hour or less. It'd probably be an hour from the moment you started your car at Six Flags to the moment you park the car in NYC. You just shoot right up the NJ Turnpike, which will dump you right at any river-crossing apparatus you choose (tunnel, bridge, ferry... do they even have car ferries? i dunno...) It's REALLY easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                  id wait a couple weeks and see if that area of the country is still around first..

i keeed.. i keeed..

Comment

trudat yo I think with all the shit thats going around the mod who is god is very pissed off at us and im not talking about this forum im talking about the forum moderator of life. Hes pissed off I mean between lets see the hurricane shit that knocked over just about everything with the flooding that tore everything up. Then it was the flooding, then the snowstorm then the earthquake now this lol were screwed.

Comment

Don't forget the crazy wind storms that did massive damage in North Jersey. I saw trees that fell on houses, and there were closed road detours for weeks!

New Jersey stepped to Mother Nature and said "come at me, bro!" (New Jersey doesn't pay attention to gender.)

Comment

get on a boat. like a boss!

Comment

Wow... you managed to cram TWO Lonely Island references into 7 monosyllabic words. Kudos, Ray!

Comment

Hmmm ive been to Philly a few times and there is a lot to see.

I also live in NYC and i know there is all kinds of craziness.

If you come to NY be sure to check out Central Park, The Brooklyn Bridge, 42nd St/Broadway, 14th St Union Square, maybe the Bronx Zoo, The Museum of Modern Art, Little Italy, China Town, Johns Pizza, Juniors, Ground Zero.

I could list a bunch of stuff for Brooklyn, not sure if your stopping in.

Comment

Yeah shits cray with trees falling on cars as a matter of fact the trees were some of the first things that did fall. I was shocked streets were blocked off shit was a mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X