Thinking of a diy Solar power wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of a diy Solar power wise

Thinking of making a solar powere charger for laptop and cellphones has anyone here made there own and if so where did you get your supplies from.

I'd buy one, honestly. Now, difference in draw from a cell phone to a laptop is huge. Cell phone solar charger is under $100. For a 90w laptop charger, you're looking at more money. If you buy one you have a waranty whereas if you build one... who knows :P
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Im too skeptical about building my own since I was thinking about it but you have to know the skematics of how much current yo want to draw and build resistors to keep the current stable to prevent frying anything. So far ive seen the power monkey,the power gorilla which charges phones and the voltaic fuse pack which is like a bookbag but it charges the battery too on a laptop aswell.

Comment

This is the site I use for a lot of fun projects.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
          This is the site I use for a lot of fun projects.
          dude that website is awesome.

I need to make a solar charger for my Ipod.

Comment

you need resistors and what not to make them. i think there were two kinds(brands) of solar power glass that were good. you can buy them shattered on ebay and other sites. but you can buy them already pre-made. i'd look for the hiking ones though. cost a bit but they are meant to take a beating. no warping, water damage, or drop damage there!

and for anyone interested in having a solar paneled room. its not hard really. but its better to go both wind and solar paneled! TRUST me on that one

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

If size isn't a concern, You could use a solar car battery charger (Less than $50) and simply connect a laptop or phone charger to the car battery.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
              X