Quick B series engine check..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick B series engine check..

My friend just sent me a text telling me he bought a 2000 SI with a B18A1 swap with matching tranny. I told him that was a USDM engine from the 90-93 Integra. He claims it's a JDM engine, who's right?

Its usdm because its a1. what happen to the b16a1?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

yea thats usdm. i thought 00 si had b16a4
      COUPE K24

Comment

Im not the most knowledgeable on the B series motors but im pretty sure you are right.

Regardless a " jdm " b18a1 is a downgrade from the b16a it had before.

Comment

B18a1 is a USDM engine. I just don't get why someone would swap out the b16 that the si comes with?

Comment

yeah that's what i told him about the A1 designation.

it probably got beaten on and then crap out by the previous owner.

Comment

b18a is a ls motor.b16a4 is the one that comes in that car 99-2k si.

my new turbo build

Comment

i see a shit ton of newer hondas with those old wrung-out b18a1s in them

Comment

Yea b16a4 dont know why I said a1. lol trying to watch jersey shore and multi task lol.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

ok it used to belong to some girl and her boyfriend. The first owner wrecked the car and parted out everything so the second owner repaired everything, no frame damage luckily, and put in the b18*something.
                    My buddy was shown the invoice from the Japanese company where the girl and guy bought the engine but he didn't pay attention to which one it was, all he knows was the guy claims that that it had a 140 something hp. Maybe it's the B1(94 -01) or the A1 from the 92-93 Teggy.

Oh well it's his insurance money.
                    Last edited by Leung; 08-25-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      ok it used to belong to some girl and her boyfriend. The first owner wrecked the car and parted out everything so the second owner repaired everything, no frame damage luckily, and put in the b18*something.
                      My buddy was shown the invoice from the Japanese company where the girl and guy bought the engine but he didn't pay attention to which one it was, all he knows was the guy claims that that it had a 140 something hp. Maybe it's the B1(94 -01) or the A1 from the 92-93 Teggy.

Oh well it's his insurance money.
                      the a and b are the same motors from a ls just diff years like our f22a/b..now if it has a b18c/1 then that's either a gsr or type r.type r being the c1.

my new turbo build

Comment

the GS-R has the C1 and the USDM Integra Type R has the C5

Originally posted by scudweiser
                        i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                          the GS-R has the C1 and the USDM Integra Type R has the C5
                          yeap my bad..i kno f/h more than b/d..lol

my new turbo build

Comment

d series is hella complicated. theres about 20 of em lol

Comment

thats why every honda is better off with an h22.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X