Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, keep us posted.

Comment

I love how the people bashing Compaq are supporting HP. They're the same damn company! HP bought out Compaq, but still produces computers under the Compaq name.
      Personally, I have never liked HP products. Of all the computers I've been asked to fix, Dell has been the most common, and HP the second most common.

MSI is Chinese... and I have yet to see worthwhile electronics come out of China. For the price, I wouldn't touch it.

Asus is decent, though I've never used any of their full systems. I've had a number of their motherboards in the past (they supply parts to HP... so the guts in your HP may be the same as the guts in the Asus...)

In terms of price and functionality, I've always had great luck with Acer. My current netbook (an old Aspire One) has had some issues with randomly restarting... I'm pretty sure it's defective... but even in that condition, I'm able to use it just fine. My other netbook (another Aspire One, that got stolen) was nearly perfect. I also have a full laptop that I rarely use (because it has Windows Vista on it... ) that has always functioned perfectly.

If you can find any Acer laptops that meet your needs, I'd seriously consider them.

Comment

I know that HP bought out compaq in the past but it's hard to get out of that mindset about a particular brand. This causes me to see hp and compaq like the way I see Hyundai(better) and KIA(bottom of the barrel).

To should throw win7 on that acer laptop. I hope you don't have it plugged into the wall right now with the battery in, you'll kill the battery that way.

Comment

Hp laptop, I been having my laptop for 4 years with no problem

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Working...
          X