• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new computer - vote

So, as we've seen in the other thread, I've got these choices:

HP Pavilion DV6-6155CA for $720
    MSI FX620DX-256US for $730
    ASUS A53 Series A53SV-XN1 for $750

The Asus is a really good contender but it's sold out and doesn't have free shipping.

I just read the reviews on the MSI at newegg and am turned off

The HP is the one I've been eyeing up but not having any reviews has me nervous. Plus, with them exiting the hardware biz... idk.

poll will be between HP and MSI (or other - other must be similar to the two posted machines for similar price - please post it up if you choose other).

Thanks!
    HP
    63.64%
    MSI
    18.18%
    Other - similar & same price (list please)
    18.18%
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
    So, as we've seen in the other thread, I've got these choices:

HP Pavilion DV6-6155CA for $720
    MSI FX620DX-256US for $730
    ASUS A53 Series A53SV-XN1 for $750

The Asus is a really good contender but it's sold out and doesn't have free shipping.

I just read the reviews on the MSI at newegg and am turned off

The HP is the one I've been eyeing up but not having any reviews has me nervous. Plus, with them exiting the hardware biz... idk.

poll will be between HP and MSI (or other - other must be similar to the two posted machines for similar price - please post it up if you choose other).

Thanks!
    I vote you befriend a geek and have them build you a better one for cheaper. I built mine, although, it was a bit more than the ones your looking at, but worth it.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      I vote you befriend a geek and have them build you a better one for cheaper. I built mine, although, it was a bit more than the ones your looking at, but worth it.
      yeah but he wants to be able to take it around with him.

Comment

These are laptops.

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        yeah but he wants to be able to take it around with him.
        and put it on my lap
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
          These are laptops.

and put it on my lap
          Lol, oops..... Then I totally vote for the HP, Asus sucks ass imo.

Comment

Lol, oops..... Then I totally vote for the HP, Asus sucks ass imo.
            I'd rather have Asus products over Compaq.

Comment

Compaq isn't on the list.

I will be buying one or the other later tonight. Any other advise would be great!
              My Car

Comment

That's not saying much...

Comment

I'd probably go for the HP one because of what you're getting and for the price that Newegg was asking for.

I was just on HP's website trying to build one just like yours and basically for another 80 bucks, it has six gigs of memory and a 9 cell battery claiming it's good up to almost 10 hours.

Comment

I'd probably go for the HP one because of what you're getting and for the price that Newegg was asking for.

I was just on HP's website trying to build one just like yours and basically for another 80 bucks, it has six gigs of memory and a 9 cell battery claiming it's good up to almost 10 hours.
                    Yeah personally I only buy computer parts from Newegg, not entire computers. The manufacturer will almost always be cheaper and have more options, than getting one from a supplier, theres no middle man fee. With that being said... Neweggs customer service is next to none, I had a messed up motherboard (ASRock) and I called and complained enough, they sent me a new motherboard (Gigabyte) and allowed me to keep my old one while I waited for the new one to arrive. I dont know of another company that does that, or WOULD do that. So its a toss up, better options and a bit pricier, versus better customer service?

Comment

yeah ive only bought parts from them to build a tower never a prebuilt one.

Comment

yeah ive only bought parts from them to build a tower never a prebuilt one.
                        Yeah I prefer to build my computer, you get better parts and you know exactly whats in your computer. Plus theres the satisfaction of knowing you built something.

Comment

I may call HP to see if I can get a better price on that exact same one. The MSI's GPU is better but those reviews are terrible! lol
                          My Car

Comment

Through my school, i get 10% off any computer purchases from HP so that would bring the laptop that i "built" down to about the price of the one from Newegg.

Comment

I'm going to buy the HP, but maybe not through newegg. Going to try to see what I can get for student discount through the HP site.
                              My Car

Comment

Working...
                              X