Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active Duty and Veterans!

ok so i have seen this repost about 32 times on facebook today:

My friends go to college, I go to war. At the same hour they wake up to decide not to go to school or work that day, I've been at work for hours. Their alarms wake them up, my alarms send me to cover. They make plans based on how they feel, I do as the schedule that was put out to me demands. They can't wait to leave their homes, I can't wait to get back. But when we look back on our respective lives, they'll like theirs, I'll be damn proud of mine.. -Repost if your Active duty

so i decided to draft up a response:

My friends go to war, I rot in my couch. At the same hour they have been on duty I go to sleep. When their alarm sends them to cover, I throw mine across the room. As they follow their CO’s schedule, I beat little kids on CoD. They can’t wait to come back home, I don’t want to leave my bed. When we look back on our respective lives, they are proud of theirs, I am damn glad I don’t have to put up with that sh*t anymore.

now before someone gets their panties in a bunch, i am a disabled veteran, yea that means i deployed i did my share of protecting freedoms blah blah blah blah... this is for INSTRUCTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

I don't like any of that stuff. the chain postings on facebook need to stop.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

^^^Amen! I HATE prepackaged sentiments!

That said

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks to those members who serve/have served.

You do it, so I don't have to, and I am sooo thankful to you!
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Ya i HATE those fucking things.

Comment

lol chain shit is everywhere

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
            My friends go to war, I rot in my couch. At the same hour they have been on duty I go to sleep. When their alarm sends them to cover, I throw mine across the room. As they follow their CO’s schedule, I beat little kids on CoD. They can’t wait to come back home, I don’t want to leave my bed. When we look back on our respective lives, they are proud of theirs, I am damn glad I don’t have to put up with that sh*t anymore.!
            From the other side:

I go to war, my friends wish me the best. Meh, shit happens, this is one of the many things I signed up for. Beats food stamps!
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
              From the other side:

I go to war, my friends wish me the best. Meh, shit happens, this is one of the many things I signed up for. Beats food stamps!
              Fuck yeah it does!!!

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
              Tell me about it, I very seldom repost those, unless it's like cancer awareness month or something.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Day and a wake up...Damn long ass year..Can't wait miss the fam.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                  Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                  ^^^Amen! I HATE prepackaged sentiments!

That said

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks to those members who serve/have served.

You do it, so I don't have to, and I am sooo thankful to you!
                  Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Ya i HATE those fucking things.
                  thats why i did that.
                  funny thing is that it was people who i know never deployed, or the last time they touched a weapon was at basic training/boot camp were the ones posting this crap
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                    thats why i did that.
                    funny thing is that it was people who i know never deployed, or the last time they touched a weapon was at basic training/boot camp were the ones posting this crap
                    I don't blame them if they are enlisted or commissioned at least they did volunteer. Better than not signing up at all (Not that i am saying that is a bad thing the military isn't for everyone). My only gripe is when they talk shit about their job (Namely Arty and Inf. or any line MOS for that matter.) like no other job matters in the military but theirs. I may not get to see any action but I am the reason they get to call home or get on their desperately need FB page...*rAnT*
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by guam671 View Post
                      Day and a wake up...Damn long ass year..Can't wait miss the fam.
                      Have a safe trip home brother! Hope to see you around one day!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

the military reminds me of a religion. it's essentially a pissing contest that gets a free pass. stay home and raise kids by yourself, playing soldier isn't shit and pays a whole lot better. if i didn't have kids i'd probably be in the military, so many easily earned perks to be had. i see a lot of people bitch about it but very few who'd trade it for a normal $10/hr job. as much as they bitch they never wanna trade it all for a "normal civilian life". got 2 ex coworkers who couldnt' handle our 60+ hour weeks we had at times but love the hell out of their time in afghanistan.
                        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                          I don't blame them if they are enlisted or commissioned at least they did volunteer. Better than not signing up at all (Not that i am saying that is a bad thing the military isn't for everyone). My only gripe is when they talk shit about their job (Namely Arty and Inf. or any line MOS for that matter.) like no other job matters in the military but theirs. I may not get to see any action but I am the reason they get to call home or get on their desperately need FB page...*rAnT*
                          you know i used to be like that, i though infantry was the shit and POG's (Person other than grunt) were a waste of resources, at the same time i was jealous of POG's, never had to deploy, didn't have to do anything but show up to their job, shit even in theater i thought they had it easy. it wasn't until i got hurt and ended up in admin that i realized it was infantry in fact who had it easy, as admin they always played games with us and then i got to see how grunts treat admin from both ends of the stick, POG's have to work harder at proving themselves to be up to par with combat roles (at least in the Marines) what i do hate though is people that have never deployed are the ones that are bitching about it so they go into combat with that "i don't belong here" attitude and end up halfassing their job and people end up getting hurt because they had to pick up their slack.
                          as Marines we were told that everyone and their mom was going to deploy sooner or later from day one. anyway i dont know where the hell i was going with this lol...oh yea its usually the people that havent deployed that bitch about "civilians" and its the ones that deployed that bitch about non-deployed troops. honestly when i was in i hated civilians because they got to go what they wanted, i had to join the military and i wish i had the choice to go to college but i do not regret my time in, it taught me a lot more than anyone could ever learn in college, i learned how to deal with life and all the bullshit it throws at you.

Originally posted by rickyduckworth View Post
                          the military reminds me of a religion. it's essentially a pissing contest that gets a free pass. stay home and raise kids by yourself, playing soldier isn't shit and pays a whole lot better.
                          what?

Comment

Working...
                          X