samsung smx-f40rn xaa question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung smx-f40rn xaa question.

I got the samsung smx-f40rn xaa for $200 new 1 year ago. I know I shouldn't be expecting a lot out of it but when I am recording, the camera takes a second or two to show how long I have been recording. It will record for that one second or two though. Also when I finish recording, the camera takes about 4 seconds to get ready so I can take another video. I do a lot of drag racing recording with it and it gets annoying when I want to record races separately. My setting are:

Scene: Auto
    Guideline: Off
    Time Lapse REC: off
    Zoom Type: Intelli-zoom
    Wind Cut: Off
    Fader: Off
    Digital Effect: Off
    Anti-Shake: On(doesn't make a difference in time whether on or off)
    Focus: Auto
    C.Nite: Off
    EV: 0
    Shutter Speed: Auto
    Aperture: Auto
    White Balance: Auto
    16:9 Wide: On
    Photo Resolution: 1696x960(16.9)
    Video Resolution: TV Super Fine

The memory card I am using is a PNY Optima SD HC 8GB. Please help me out. I am going to the track again this weekend and want to be able to record as many cars as I can!

Couldn't you just pause the camcorder when filming and then later using software, cut the video into smaller segments?

oops that's a point and shoot camera not a camcorder.

I don't know about you but i don't even carry my camera with me anymore when i go out, my phone does everything that i need it to now. pictures and HD video. when i tested out the camcorder option, everything was pretty fast. It was when taking pictures that there i suffered from "recovery" time. I have preview on also so that makes it even worse.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rd,2143-5.html

according to that, the SD card you have has a faster read and write speed compared to PNY's top of the line card so i think it's all in the camera.
    Last edited by Leung; 08-17-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

It is a camcorder but it has no pause button. Only buttons it has are the record button on the screen that flips open and the record button where you strap the camera onto you palm. That would be a good idea though.

Comment

I was reading on the internet that the next model up, if you press the record button a second time after starting to film, it pauses. maybe it's similar with your camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          I was reading on the internet that the next model up, if you press the record button a second time after starting to film, it pauses. maybe it's similar with your camera?
          Nope Just takes longer haha

Comment

Working...
          X