No announcement yet.

Why do people keep saying buy gold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ deev you are speaking on points which i do not wish to say openly for fear of a big flame fest but you sir are on to something that is very sure to happen. I am saddened to see that this country is thrown to the wayside by the Federal Reserve and the Gov. We as a country are very capable of taking care of our debt and still have a economy. But the politicians dont seem to care at all.

Originally posted by Dr.x
    You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

It's difficult to really blame politicians, since so many policies are intertwined. We have a VERY convoluted government, which makes our gargantuan economy very difficult to steer. I don't claim to know nearly enough to be able to understand it well enough to explain anything at all. I doubt anyone here does. I can only hope that those we've elected into the higher offices know.

Just from running this site, I understand how the average person has a very narrow perspective. I had to ban a kid today that ignored a rule (even after being told repeatedly to follow it), simply because he thought it was a pointless rule. He understood once I explained it to him, but by then, the damage was done. He remains banned.
      It's easy to criticize a policy from the viewpoint of an individual, with little understanding of all the inner-workings of it.

Is something wrong with our policies? Perhaps. Or perhaps the direction we chose as a nation 100 years ago has just led us to this point.
      We're like the Titanic. Have we veered off course? Have we gone full steam ahead without caution? Or have we maintained our course, and simply not noticed the hazards until they were upon us? Something that size is certainly difficult to turn in an emergency.

Comment

Well anyways.... People keep buying gold at a all time high... Yes a all time high!

Ill be buying this

Get one of these in the middle of no where

Have fun selling your GOLD bahahaha

Comment

Rather than become a crazy militant hermit in the woods... I think I'd just move to a country that's flourishing. Or at least one that's not quite sinking.

Comment

yea if you're carrying a gold brick around, you better be strapping a gun. somebody is going to kill you for a gold brick.

my friend wanted to keep a brick in the house and i told him he was an idiot. if someone found out, they are going to just steal the entire safe.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
              gold never loses its value. it actually increases. certain may skyrocket in price but thats only when its needed. once that need is gone, they return to normal value. gold doesnt. same goes for land (unless it has tons of chemical waste or radiation on it lol)
              good thing you are not in the financial field...

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Edit:
              I think that "if we fall, China falls" argument is flawed. If China was strictly depending on us, perhaps... But China is growing from within at an exponential rate. The economic stimulation within their own borders is huge. China is beginning to experience what we experienced during the Industrial Revolution. They're becoming a worldwide economic power. They don't need us specifically.
              The great thing about a world economy is that it's impossible for EVERYONE to be poor. When one gets poor, another gets rich. It's like "matter cannot be created nor destroyed". All the money in the world goes SOMEWHERE. In the event of a worldwide economic collapse, things would just be revalued. Old monetary systems would be eliminated, and replaced by new ones.
              during the economic/housing fiscal which country profited from the mess?

money/value can be lost, just like how a few trillions were lost in the stock market

Comment

gold never loses its value. it actually increases. certain may skyrocket in price but thats only when its needed. once that need is gone, they return to normal value. gold doesnt. same goes for land (unless it has tons of chemical waste or radiation on it lol)
                .................. This is just insane.

Comment

If (or when) the us goes down then I be ready for the "Mad Max" days.

Comment

thats whats ive heard. i dont own gold nor land so...lol

just read land is mediocre at best but precious metals are still good as a "store of value"
                    Last edited by Law Grandeur; 08-08-2011, 03:37 AM.

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

thats whats ive heard. i dont own gold nor land so...lol

just read land is mediocre at best but precious metals are still good as a "store of value"
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_as_an_investment

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I'm saving bottlecaps.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                          Well anyways.... People keep buying gold at a all time high... Yes a all time high!

Ill be buying this

Get one of these in the middle of no where

Have fun selling your GOLD bahahaha

Never seen that before...An AR15 (M4 Carbine) with a M16 buttstock lol
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                            IMO if something happens bad enough for the US to completely fail it will be a world wide thing... Plus before we go down there is no way we wouldn't just start launching nukes at everyone.
                            Is this a serious statement? Why does an average American think that the U.S. military can nuke the whole planet but magically leave just North America unharmed... I hear this kind of thinking all the time. Do you really think that other countries wouldn't wipe out most of our country if they knew they had nothing to lose? At this point, if anyone starts launching serious weapons, you know there is a good chance that very few people will survive on the whole planet.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                              Is this a serious statement? Why does an average American think that the U.S. military can nuke the whole planet but magically leave just North America unharmed... I hear this kind of thinking all the time. Do you really think that other countries wouldn't wipe out most of our country if they knew they had nothing to lose? At this point, if anyone starts launching serious weapons, you know there is a good chance that very few people will survive on the whole planet.
                              The funny thing is people think the coming crash will be caused and entangled with violence.....I don't believe so. There may be some violence involved and a Nuke dropped on Israel by Pakistan but it won't be a world wide "nuke war". I believe China will gain some form of governing control over the U.S. which will actually be GOOD for our country and economy, they have a highly vested interest in seeing the American economy remain powerful and stable. It will require kicking out the FED and all of our crooked politicians and that will be the tough job. People in America are very arrogant to how BIG they think America is compared to other countries. We are SMALL people....
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Put it like this... as long as the Fed keeps printing up our debt, gold will continue to increase.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X