Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seal team six (22 dead)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/wo...stan.html?_r=1

Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM.

Update (20)

One current and one former U.S. official said that the dead included more than 20 Navy SEALs from SEAL Team Six, the unit that carried out the raid in Pakistan in May that killed bin Laden. They were being flown by acrew of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because families are still being notified.

Comment

I didn't see anything talking about which team was on board.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
        I didn't see anything talking about which team was on board.
        http://www.freep.com/article/2011080...text|FRONTPAGE

The Taliban claimed they downed the helicopter with rocket fire while it was taking part in a raid on a house where insurgents were gathered in the province of Wardak late Friday. It said wreckage of the craft was strewn at the scene. A senior U.S. administration official in Washington said the craft was apparently shot down by insurgents. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the crash is still being investigated.

NATO confirmed the overnight crash took place and that there "was enemy activity in the area." But it said it was still investigating the cause and conducting a recovery operation at the site. It did not release details or casualty figures.

"We are in the process of accessing the facts," said U.S. Air Force Capt. Justin Brockhoff, a NATO spokesman.

One current and one former U.S. official said that the dead included more than 20 Navy SEALs from SEAL Team Six, the unit that carried out the raid in Pakistan in May that killed bin Laden. They were being flown by acrew of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because families are still being notified.

Comment

wow what luck. that sucks

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I honestly do not think they are dead. These guys knew what they signed up for. I think now they have to just live out there lives I think they are still alive but are on another mission where there families may be at risk so they have to stay like they are dead to please the enemy to thinking that they are dead to assume they are under another identity probably because they are up to something else.

Comment

or they might actually be dead. sometimes people die in war.
              much respect to the SEALS, they do what not alot of people can
              MRT

Comment

Originally posted by ryaniskingofyou View Post
                or they might actually be dead. sometimes people die in war.
                much respect to the SEALS, they do what not alot of people can
                all the more reason why they probably arent really dead. like stated above, they're probably on another mission where they have to be thought to be dead from this one. if the enemy knows who they are by searching and finds out that person died then their current cover would be safe.

the government has faked a death plenty of times to protect the person for another mission. we dont know about it because we dont have the resources.

Comment

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. In any case, it's extremely disrespectful of the dead to assume they aren't. Let's assume they are and express sympathy for the silent heroes of the USA.

I hope they're still alive. If not, I thank them and their families and friends for their service and hope they rest in piece.
                  My Car
                  FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

They could be dead. I mean, they were certainly a target, and all it took was someone to leak the name of just one member of that team. I'm sure they were also privy to a good deal of classified information... probably information that someone in our own government wouldn't want getting out (so even though I don't buy into conspiracy theories, it's a possibility.) OR, perhaps they just happened to fly into the range of an enemy weapon, and the person that shot them down had no idea who they were, aside from the fact that they were American troops. That is, of course, the most logical explanation. It's also the one that people will be less willing to believe, because it's not dramatic enough.

Comment

well if they are really dead. RIP and my thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        we dont know about it because we dont have the resources.
                        So then how do you know about it?

I mean really?

Some disrespectful fuckers on here.

If your not passing through with condolences, then keep it moving.

Comment

Well, this thread was kinda started with the premise of "hey, this seems kinda shady"... it's not a memorial thread. (the original post has since been edited.)

People will want to think the worst. They will want to believe some supersecret Taliban spy got intel on who was in that helicopter, and targeted those particular troops. They will want to believe that our government was trying to dispose of men that simply knew too much. Others will want to believe that it's a coverup, and the men are in hiding because they'd be targets if the enemy didn't think they were dead.
                          In truth... an American helicopter was flying over enemy territory, and some Taliban dude with a rocket grenade launcher happened to have good aim.

It is unfortunate. It is war. Plain and simple. They were men, like anyone else... and like anyone else, they can be killed. It is a sad thing, and I feel for their families... but they were no different than any other soldier out there on the battlefield, and no less of a target than any of our other guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            So then how do you know about it?

I mean really?

Some disrespectful fuckers on here.

If your not passing through with condolences, then keep it moving.
                            dude. really? when have you known me to be disrespectful up here? silly goose.

and my last post did say if it is true then RIP and my thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

and Deev you do put it into perspective. sure you can be a hot shot all your life but its always a simple thing to take you out. sucks that they couldnt die of natural causes. had to be some douche with a rocket launcher....

Comment

sucks for them.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X