Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Accord coupe was not sold in Japan!

http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p...postcount=8603

Ive never been to this site more than once and i find so many funny things. This had me laughing pretty hard.

Im too easily amused

Damn....my coupe parts aren't JDM then....what are they? lol.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

then why were some say built in JAPAN and the first letter of the VIN is (J)

Comment

^ Because sedans were built in the US and in Japan, which will have a 1HG vin if built in the US and the Japanese made sedans will have a 1JHM vin.

Coupes and wagons were built in the US. There was also a plant in the UK that built EDM Accords.
        Last edited by crazymikey; 08-01-2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
          then why were some say built in JAPAN and the first letter of the VIN is (J)
          Not one single 4th gen coupe VIN starts with J. If you see one that does, someone has violated a law or two.

Comment

If you click the link, you'll see that the OP is not making this statement seriously...

Were the JDM coupes made in Japan? For that matter, do the JDM cars have the JHM and 1HG VIN numbers, or do they do it differently?

Comment

if the VIN also starts with a 3HG that means it was built in Mexico.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It was a joke, guys. lol. I know the Accord coupe was sold in Japan but only made in America. It was just that i found some idiot who posted on Hater-tech who said it wasn't sold in Japan and didn't have HOA badges. They were talking about rare parts and someone had an Accord coupe with HOA badges. Someone responded to the post, saying that no coupe ever had HOA badges.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  ^ Because sedans were built in the US and in Japan, which will have a 1HG vin if built in the US and the Japanese made sedans will have a 1JHM vin.

Coupes and wagons were built in the US. There was also a plant in the UK that built EDM Accords.
                  No they only made accods in america and japan

Coupes and wagons were american only and sedans were built both here and in japan

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If you click the link, you'll see that the OP is not making this statement seriously...

Were the JDM coupes made in Japan? For that matter, do the JDM cars have the JHM and 1HG VIN numbers, or do they do it differently?
                  jhm and 1hg only applies to 17 digit vins

japan has 10 digit vins that look like this

sort of off topic but i want to see the car this was from

Comment

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car.../?sid=300&pn=0

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

well i mean under it so i can see the 4wd setup.

Comment

Its Honda tech. If you believe anything on there, you will believe anything.

Comment

People hear "only made in America" and think it means "only sold in America". Just like they think something made in Japan is JDM, even if it was made for (and sold in) another market.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            No they only made accods in america and japan

Coupes and wagons were american only and sedans were built both here and in japan
                            Assembly in Marysville, Ohio, Sayama, Japan and Nelson, New Zealand

Comment

If someone finds another plant our stupid cars were made in im going to kill someone

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=rt4202

so apperently some new zealand built accords exist but not in america which is why it is not widly known.

The rarest of the rare apperently have to be the 23,715 east libery made accords. I really want to find one now and see what misc componets are different on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X