How would I fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would I fix this?

Somehow in my garage, fuel somehow poured out of my tank. I just filled it up but didnt over fill it or anything. The cap even had pressure when I took it off.

It ate all the way down to bare metal. Should I just use spray can primer, then paint? Can it be any primer? I have white primer, and some red high temp ceramic paint. If I clear coat it afterwards, should I use a semi gloss clear? Also should I mask the uneffected areas and just concentrate on that area, or paint a good portion of the pannel to match?

I dont want to spend the money to repair one pannel. Even though this paint is in very good condition, I dont see why I should have one section painted while the rest of the car doesnt have new paint.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

WTF kind of cheap paint in on that car.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      WTF kind of cheap paint in on that car.
      x2

i've done this before on my green accord and it only dulled the paint a bit.

Comment

its a 1986 300zx with origional paint and very shiny.

The fuel sat on it for a few hours, or ir was dripping slowly. I had fuel seep on to that spot before and it evaporated and only left a small mark. This time I think it was continuously dripping after it came out.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i want your car...if its turbo . sucks though, hope you get it fixed

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I never seen that bad before. Ive dripped gas down my CB a few times and did not hurt it even when it was spray painted. I would say take it to a body shop and have them paint match it.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
              i want your car...if its turbo . sucks though, hope you get it fixed
              No turbo inlet on the hood = no turbo. lol

I'd see how far the paint was damaged, the only way to do that is to very carefully take the paint down to metal and stop when it's smooth again. You can probably use touch up paint or something similar if you have the right color.
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Damn what kind of gas have you been putting in that thing?! Nissan is notorious for not having good paint IMO. Ive had a handful that the paint was DONE after 10 years.

Comment

Is it so important to get an answer to your question that you have to post it in OT?

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                    No turbo inlet on the hood = no turbo. lol

I'd see how far the paint was damaged, the only way to do that is to very carefully take the paint down to metal and stop when it's smooth again. You can probably use touch up paint or something similar if you have the right color.
                    oh shit you are right! lol

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Is it so important to get an answer to your question that you have to post it in OT?
                      well it wasnt cb7 related =)

Oh its bare metal lol

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        well it wasnt cb7 related =)

We have a section for that.

Comment

You really can't fix that with spray-can paint.

Even if your prep work and spray technique is PERFECT, the "repair" will still be visible in the sun if you do it with a spray can.

Looks like there is no easy way to fix that. Your best bet is to buy a decent compressor and a gun, quality primer and paint, and prep and repaint that whole panel.

Comment

I have those tools, but cant find the color =/

Retro!

Hater

Comment

that cannot be the original paint...
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                              X