Death of a friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of a friend.

No this isn't some witty thread title about my car.

Last night one of my best friends died in a car accident. 27 years young and had everything going for him, nicest guy you'll ever meet. Always had a positive outlook on things. He was also an only child, his parents went to extremes to raise him, the pain must be killing them now. Its always a parents worst nightmare to bury their own child.

Mortality is a bitch. According to my buddy that gave me the news, witnesses said he keeled over at the wheel and veered off the road into the woods. We won't know exactly what happened until the autopsy comes back. I was hoping this was a sick joke.

Link to news article, not a joke for sure.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/15154215/o...ddlebury-crash

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try to sleep
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

My condolences. It's hard losing a friend.

Comment

I was also informed of the news earlier today, sorry to hear man.

Comment

Thanks guys. Its hard, I've known him for at least 10 years. Its still hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764
          So did he die in the car accident or die behind the wheel resulting in the accident?
          We dont know yet, he was alone in the car. Autopsy should hopefully give us the answer.

He was a very responsible person, I would hate to know that he just fell asleep at the wheel. He was also a very healthy individual, but sudden death health conditions could strike any of us at any time, it happens. If you knew him you wouldn't have seen this coming either.

I'm rambling, I just finished a 15 hour shift and started my vacation when I got the call heading out of the office. I've been awake for 26 hours and I still cannot get to sleep

Comment

Man, I'm so sorry to hear about that! 27 is far too young. At least nobody else was hurt when he crashed. Not that it makes it any better... but I know if I retained any sort of consciousness after I died, I certainly wouldn't want to know my death brought on the deaths of others.

I wonder what happened. Falling asleep is indeed possible. One of my good friends did that a couple years ago. I was the one the paramedics called, since her parents lived 2 hours away. She rolled her Forester 3 times and landed on the roof. Amazingly (thankfully) she was fine. Just a little banged up.

I also knew a girl in high school that just dropped dead one day (she was about 19 when it happened.) For no reason. She was standing there, fine as could be, and boom... something just gave out. I forget if it was her heart or her brain, but whatever it was, she was just... gone. Strange things happen, even to seemingly healthy people.

Hopefully it was fast for your friend. We all have to go sometime. Some sooner than others... but the greatest mercy is to have it quick and painless.

Comment

im so sorry to hear that man... i know exactly what u are going through... saturday, i buried a life long friend who was murdered last week. he was 23 years old and has a baby son. life is too short man.

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                Thanks guys. Its hard, I've known him for at least 10 years. Its still hard to believe.
                you had 10 good years with him, remember them and cherish them

a little prayer and you will be sleeping,

go see his parents asap
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

My condolences. I've lost a few friends over the years, and there's never a good reason, never anything that makes it a little easier on the survivors. My prayers go out to all those that are mourning his loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Eric. It was on the news this morning when I was coming through southern NH and now weird that I'm reading this thread. Had no idea. Stay strong my friend

life is good.

Comment

I lost my good friend and bandmate while i was in basic training.

He was murdered over some bullshit.

It hurt for a while, he was a good kid and had a lot of potential as a singer.

My condolences to you and his family.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.

I recently lost someone in an accident similar to this, and it seemed so pointless. May peace be within you, and with his family.
                        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I knew I could count on my CB7Tuner family to help me thru this. Things will get better but it will never be the same.

Comment

My thoughts are with you. I know it's hard losing a close friend like that.
                            [/url]

Comment

Sorry to hear about your lose man. I know what it's like to lose a friend close to you.

I lost a friend, Cody, who didn't even make it to see 21. He was traveling at a high rate of speed on is motorcycle when a car pulled out in front of him. The bike exploded on impact, causing him to fly several feet before hitting the pavement.

This is what was all that was left of the bike and the Civic:

I hope you pull through dude. We all do, it's just gonna take some time. Trust me. I wasn't myself for several months after the accident, but I learned that he was in a better place, and I'm sure your friend is too.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                              aww_shiet
                              91accordexr33

Comment

Working...
                              X