What happened to honesty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to honesty...

I have been more and more around people who just are not honest. They lie they cheat they steal. I am not saying I am a perfect person but there are just times this gets to me. If I mess up at work or just mess up in general well so i messed up that is all i make mistakes. I have to take the responsiblity for what I did. There is no need to lie about it IMOP. Especially with all these people who are "fake" they just pretend to be someone they are not. Especially on the internet fakeing as people or just making up lies. I have just gotten to the point in my life where I see no reason to lie about myself or anything. It feels like alot of people on this fourm are "real" people that is why I like this place. It just makes no sense to me and it pisses me off i mean WTF.

discuss? or just a rant whatever...

Im with ya.. although there are soooo many people these days that their whole life/image is based upon lies. People who cheat on their SO... stupid. some lies every once in a while are ok.. like lying to get out of a ticket or something lol. But i just dont see how people can live like that.. being someone they arent just to impress someone else or whatever.

Comment

Im with you on that one!!!!!!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

exactly we all need to lie yes sometimes but i see people cheat on there wifes and are just fake. They are so ahsamed to be who they are they just lie. Like i said I feel i have no reason to lie anymore i am who i am if you don't like it fine you don't have to. yes we may not get along but why lie to someone about who you are. Even to girls that i meet why lie to them. it just does not make sense to me just be who you are that is all if people don't like it oh well move on but feel good about who you are as a person.

Comment

oh yea one more thing. yes i know the internet you can be who ever you want to be and no one will ever guess so yes there are people out there like that so we have to protect ourselves the internet it just a big world of our own imagination who ever and what ever is here.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusprime
            exactly we all need to lie yes sometimes but i see people cheat on there wifes and are just fake. They are so ahsamed to be who they are they just lie. Like i said I feel i have no reason to lie anymore i am who i am if you don't like it fine you don't have to. yes we may not get along but why lie to someone about who you are. Even to girls that i meet why lie to them. it just does not make sense to me just be who you are that is all if people don't like it oh well move on but feel good about who you are as a person.

yup.. I just dont get it. The people that cheat on someone are the people that originally lied when they met their current s.o. or wife/husband. And after time, they started to be themselves.. and then they dont have what they used to with the person since it was based on lies. Thats also why we have an outrageous divorce rate. If people would just chill out, and be themselves... then they would find someone who likes them for who they are, and we wouldnt have the problems we do today.

But as with everything else thats going wrong these days, people will overlook it until its too late.

Comment

i agree with you man. this world just seems to be going to shit.. it's nearly impossible to find a girl who won't lie to you, who won't cheat on you.. and it's basically just impossible to find someone with a true identity.

i totally agree with you.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                i agree with you man. this world just seems to be going to shit.. it's nearly impossible to find a girl who won't lie to you, who won't cheat on you.. and it's basically just impossible to find someone with a true identity.

Yup.. my last g/f through the end of HS and for ~1.5 years. She is like one of the last girls that you can actually trust, would never cheat on someone, has a sense of humor.. pretty much everything you could want, not into cars too much but i taught her the basics. But yeah.. she made me realize that there is hope for truley nice girls.. hard to come by, but they are there. We split cuz we changed over time.. and just had different tastes. Still friends though.

Comment

Originally posted by rebels

Werd...also hard to find girl's that are self-confident and know WHO they are as a person because of the reasons you guys have listed...basically the do not know who they are to begin with! Much rather try to lie to themself and others to try and impress, not being themselves and it turn not being comfortable for who they truly are. Girls who are not self confident totally turn me off.

I realize this was a general statement and not geared on just girls, but this is how I relate to the subject and what came to my mind.

On a positive note, the few girls that are self-confident, more power to ya! Definite turn on, fo sho.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

It's so ironic that I saw this thread... I just went through this with two of my co-workers this morning... One of them, I believe... The other one was just lying and making up sh*t (turning the story around) just to either protect someone, or to protect her own ass...

There's nothing I can't stand in this world than peeps who are two-faced and have that need to lie in order to get out of things (and I'm there, brutally honest about everything)... That's the peeps to avoid in life...

L8z-
                    Jay
                    "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

Honesty comes is short supplies in days like today, I'm afraid. I can't stand liars at all and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. However, cheating is something different. I don't condone cheating or think it's at all right, but I can understand why some people would do it. Keep in mind I only refer to school work. Right now I have the equivalent of a D- in calculus right now and one point in the wrong way and it's game over. It's not that I'm lazy or not doing my work, I simply don't get it! I've stayed after school, studied countless hours, sought tutours and the whole like and I get nothing. I've reached my math limit. I have a test tommorow and then final quarter exams the day after in calc and the outlook is bleak at the absolute very best. I'm about ready to resort to cheating somehow. Now before anyone decides to flame me for my reasoning, I do understand that my thought process is flawed. So there's no need for unneccesary posts. I'm just venting as well.
                      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

yeah,,,not only that. everybody and their mom is a tough-guy nowadays. people pick fight over "the way you look at" someone.

its absolutely disgusting, and the thought of moving somewhere peaceful ad quiet is the constant subject of my conversations with people. it seems every year that goes by, the standards of our nation's people get lowered by a large amount.

i used to think otherwise, but i definently blame the entertainment industry (movies and music). All these "reality" shows are edited to show the bad/competetive side of people. We are slowly turning ourselves into emotionless-materialistic-spiritless human beings.

my only question is how much can we tolerate as a people before a group of people decide enough is enough...
                        Last edited by 92accordlxtuner; 03-07-2005, 11:28 PM.

Comment

well here is what i think as far as coworkers lying... when you are doing your job, even if its something entirely new to you, there is a sense of performence as a reflection the actual person. so when you do make a mistake at work its as if you dont have a clue as to what you are doing. so people make exscuses or they lie, and IMO lies are just more creative exscuses...

Comment

less friends but closer friends=honest friends
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yes we all lie sometimes that is a given for any reason big or small. As far as lying for work what can you do. If you don't know what you are doing then that is it plain and simple you just don't know what you are doing. IMOP just ask or get help. If you messed something up that is it it is messed up and you did it no going around it. Just the other day i was doing a thermestat on a 98 elantra and I broke the thermostat housing. The car was hot and I was using an air ratchet and gunned it down hard. I broke it plain and simple my fault. Yea i got in trouble but why hide it or lie and say oh well it was broken.

Everyone has good input and i am glad people do agree with me. yes I agree with 92accordlxtuner on the fact that we are just motionless and things just don't phase us like they used to. The media has a lot to do with it and when i see it man it pisses me off. They choose what to show us and what to make a big deal on. They make a big deal on things that I or others would careless about but MAKE us care cause they push it on us. I don't know i am just ranting cause sometimes is just pisses me off.

Oh yea i see lots of these "kids" who are rich there parents have money and everything nice but they are "gangsta" or "hood" WTF is that it makes no sense.
                              Last edited by optimusprime; 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X