• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cool the inside of your car down on a hot day

http://wimp.com/carsun/
    My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Fail. Lowering the air temperature and lowering the dash/upholstry temperature are two different things. The air in the car will heat up again within 2 minutes. Not to mention you look like an OCD nutcase raping your door.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

I'd rather be hot for a few seconds rather than look like an idiot in the parking lot.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

tint + windshield shade when youre parked
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

These are some very intersting ways to do thta but i would just roll the windows down every last one of them and wait atleast 2 minutes for all the hot air to rise out of the car personally and start the car up and just leave the a/c on to blow the hot air our and wait for it to get cool drive off and roll the windows up. Leather seats must be a mofo for those who have em now huh lol.

Comment

and what if its over 100* outside like it is now in austin?.. youll be "bringing in" 100+* air to "cool off" your car.. wtf?

plus you look like a moron doing that..

and yes.. fuck leather..

Comment

that looks really fucking stupid. i would think the euro cars have a feature to where if u hold the lock button down long enough the windows would all roll down to let the hot air out.
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

thats genius! why haven't I thought of that??
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

but its jdm guys
                  Last edited by Tippey764; 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

heat annoys the fuck out of me especially getting in a hot car
                    i've done the following to my wife's SE to help it

tinted the front windshield to 40%, and then tinted the top of the windshied with 2% to the line (i know front windshield tint is illegal, but its been like this for 1 year)

tinted the back with 35%, and the sides with 30%, since all the other windows are legal, cops dont tend to care much about the front over here

tinted the sunroof 2% and is by far the best decrease of heat, being that the sunroof glass cover is made of cardboard

sun roof visor, and window visors (i dont close the windows all the way)

used, a type of sticky tar, in between all the blower boxes to decrease excaping air

blocked the inlet from outside air (im in florida, say what you want)

and since i couldnt figure out why the a/c wasnt turning on by it-self, im running a switch to the compressor and another one to he fans, since the compressor doenst cycle by itself, it can go down to 40degs coming out the vents on a 100deg day

the compressor has been 2 years running on a switch, and i have no desire on making it work like factory

as long as it doesnt go below 40 it'll be good (on a rainy day it will freeze if you dont pay attention)

being that this car is tan leather, it makes it worse, either way this has been a few of the things i've done
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

park in a garage or car port. lol im in texas and the only thing you can do to escape the heat would be to have a air conditioned garage. The radiant heat will stil get you regardless of your tint or window shade if your under the sun. I love my winshield shade Just for the fact that i dont burn my hands off trying to hold the steering wheel. so this way i can start driving faster and can get the air to cool down my ride.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

i got bored one day so i decided to try this

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i used cardboard to cover my windshield (have 15% tint on all other windows) and shit was cool as fuck when i got in later in the afternoon. so i keep my cardboard on the back seat for further use

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                            and what if its over 100* outside like it is now in austin?.. youll be "bringing in" 100+* air to "cool off" your car.. wtf?

plus you look like a moron doing that..

and yes.. fuck leather..
                            This^

I wouldn't do this for those 2 reasons, plus I don't know how much of that my door and handle could take.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                            that looks really fucking stupid. i would think the euro cars have a feature to where if u hold the lock button down long enough the windows would all roll down to let the hot air out.
                            When I had my '00 Passat, I could put the key in and hold it in the unlock position, and all the windows would roll down.
                            Last edited by cbscandal; 07-23-2011, 08:00 AM.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

You dont have to shut the door all the way just open it and almost close it but dont shut the door fully.Thats all you have to do or you can turn the a/c on let that blow all the cool air out after you roll the windows down a a few to let the hot contained air out let it breeze through while your driving then just roll it up when the a/c kicks in. I got roll down windows and motor windows so I know where you coming from but it doesnt bother me none.

Comment

Working...
                              X