No announcement yet.

Rim Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Seriously, if you're scared to run rota's only buy BBS or Rays/Volks.

/thread. "

wow dumbest comment ever. lets recommend rims that cost triple the price and are more than likely to get stolen quicker. the whole purpose of getting rotas is cheap, lightweight, stylish rims (even if they are rips lol). ive known a few people with rotas and nothing ever happened. if they know they are going to be rough, then run steelies lol. rock your rays/volks when you are at a meet or show. im actually a huge fan of rota boosts and rota subzeros

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

When I had my Passat, I hit a curb. I was young and very inexperienced. I had a severe case of understeer in the rain and hit it at 30mph. The wheel and curb were perfectly parallel when they hit. I didn't roll over it, they completely collided with each other. Keep in mind, this wasn't a wimpy curb, but a curb just like any other. Well, the curb gave and I destroyed it. It was literally in pieces. The only damage to my car was the oil filter. It was almost completely sheared off. There was a little scratch on my car after it was all said and done with, nothing you could see from more than 10 feet away. I'm still amazed to this day. I don't know who makes the wheels on a 2000 Passat V6, but they are awesome.

TL;DR: OEM FTW!

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is an exact duplicate of that thread on this forum.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175184
      Last edited by cbscandal; 07-08-2011, 05:25 AM.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

just buy what suits ur needs... just like deev said...

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
          I love my bbs.
          considering asanti.
          american made luxury/heavy custom wheels.

anyone know about these?
          my friend has some Asanti's on his 2010 Vette and his restored custom chevy truck( i think its an s10 i dunno). he loves them

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Well..if you hit a curb. What do you expect? Rims are going to bend, snap and even blow a hole as you saw on those Enkei's. One person's bad experience doesn't mean all the others going to have issues as well.

I'd rock Rota's all day if I really wanted to.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
              I was reading on a vw golf forum and I found a thread I wanted to share.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showth...t=73984&page=2
              Good read. I now know more than I use to about Rota wheels.
              & you pay for what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Good read. I now know more than I use to about Rota wheels.
                & you pay for what you get.
                What the hell did you learn from that thread? All but 3 of the members posting in that thread are fucking idiots...

Comment

when i used to take my 1st Cosworth Vega to shows I had a set of black steelies to drive it up there with THEN i would put on the fully restored OEM's to display the car. that was just in case i hit something or got a flat.

in regards to deev's comment about $700+ spent on an engine and only $350 on the wheels, i have seen that a bunch of times before and he is exactly right about idiots on threads

"hey guys i just bought a 1989 Mustang with 200k+ on it and bald rear tires, i am gonna put a paxton supercharger on it tonite and go out racing, how do you think I'll do?"
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Any rim should not crack or fall apart on you if you dont trash it. It you are allways smashing threw potholes and running over curbs one could crack and if it does replace it and dont drive on in and let it fail.
                    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                      Any rim should not crack or fall apart on you if you dont trash it. It you are allways smashing threw potholes and running over curbs one could crack and if it does replace it and dont drive on in and let it fail.
                      You almost got a prop from me since it's the most intelligent post I've seen you make..but you spelled through wrong. You get half a star for your efforts.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Do you have anything useful to add to the conversation, Henry... or did you just chime in to give a backhanded compliment?

Comment

it's usually bad if the rims don't have this stamped on it. and comes from asia.

http://www.cartype.com/pages/2101/jw...n_alloy_wheels

unsure what the other standards are around the world.
                          I'd like to know actually.

Comment

Thousands of competitive Auto-X racers run Rota Slipstreams every year. These aren't guys buying wheels for the looks either, so I feel safe running these wheels on the street.

Sure, Rota has looser quality control than a company such as Volk, but that isn't to say that Rota wheels will violently explode if you drive with them on the highway. It's up to each person when choosing what parts to put on a vehicle, but I have no qualms with the overall quality of Rota wheels.

The idea behind copying other manufacturer's designs, which those manufacturers are still sell new, is an entirely different subject all together.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
                              it's usually bad if the rims don't have this stamped on it. and comes from asia.

http://www.cartype.com/pages/2101/jw...n_alloy_wheels

unsure what the other standards are around the world.
                              I'd like to know actually.
                              That pertains to Japanese safety standards. Just because it wasn't approved for use in Japan doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Most countries have standards that must be met.

Comment

These standards are generally accepted worldwide as acceptable for most road conditions. That is why you will see these marks on European and other Asian country wheels.
                                they also take liability for failure.
                                so according to this write up other counrtires also put jwl on their wheels.

I"m not sure is there an american standard stamped onto your wheels.
                                SFI, VIA, TUV, TSE, JWL are some others.

I wouldn't want a wheel that has no safety standards at all.
                                you can buy used volk from japan for $400 which look like their in perfect condition.
                                most the rota wheels i have seen have been copies of those gunmetal volks/rays

Comment

Working...
                                X