Its been fun, and full of learning... .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been fun, and full of learning... .

But unfortunately its time for me to venture off to a newer, and slightly more updated vehicle that more suits my needs. Last night, at around 9:00, i got into an accident with my Accord. yes, im fine. But the car is a write off to any kind of damage. (Our insurance up here basically says, anything pre-95 will be written off without any option of fixing it (other then classics, and MINT cars) Needless to say, mine is far from mint.

After putting a new alternator in last night, i was asked my my father to pick something up for him. At about 9:00, i was sideswiped on a highway doing about 65-70 KPH, His from bumper met my rear bumper, and he smoked half my rear quarter clean off (rust didn't help...) Needless to say, the accord has had its last legs. Its beyond repair, and I'm not willing to sink the money into it.

Id like to thank each and every one of you guys that has been able to figure out all the little kinks and squeaks in the car. Most of all, the guys that helped me on my timing belt thread. If it wasn't for you, i would have exploded that motor into a million pieces! I will check in from time to time, if there's anything i can chime into. If i ever come across another accord in the states, that is mint, and looking good, chances are i would buy it again.

Thanks again all, Its been a great ride.

-Dan
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593 View Post
      But unfortunately its time for me to venture off to a newer, and slightly more updated vehicle that more suits my needs. Last night, at around 9:00, i got into an accident with my Accord. yes, im fine. But the car is a write off to any kind of damage. (Our insurance up here basically says, anything pre-95 will be written off without any option of fixing it (other then classics, and MINT cars) Needless to say, mine is far from mint.

After putting a new alternator in last night, i was asked my my father to pick something up for him. At about 9:00, i was sideswiped on a highway doing about 65-70 KPH, His from bumper met my rear bumper, and he smoked half my rear quarter clean off (rust didn't help...) Needless to say, the accord has had its last legs. Its beyond repair, and I'm not willing to sink the money into it.

Id like to thank each and every one of you guys that has been able to figure out all the little kinks and squeaks in the car. Most of all, the guys that helped me on my timing belt thread. If it wasn't for you, i would have exploded that motor into a million pieces! I will check in from time to time, if there's anything i can chime into. If i ever come across another accord in the states, that is mint, and looking good, chances are i would buy it again.

Thanks again all, Its been a great ride.

-Dan

your welcome and don't be a stranger, a bunch of members here have moved on to other cars but still post here
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car man. Was yours the clean silver one? i can't remember bc there are so many canadian members whose car stands out.

Yup... I never even finished my accord but i have a different car to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          Sorry to hear about your car man. Was yours the clean silver one? i can't remember bc there are so many canadian members whose car stands out.

Yup... I never even finished my accord but i have a different car to drive.
          Naw, mine was a black one with lots of rust. It all came out in the past 2 years, when i bought it 3 1/2 years ago, it was mint. Bondo was used on the quarters/spots on the car. Shoulda never been fixed.

Im looking into a 4 Runner, or an Equinox. Not sure if i want the repair bills on the Equinox though.
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593 View Post
            Naw, mine was a black one with lots of rust. It all came out in the past 2 years, when i bought it 3 1/2 years ago, it was mint. Bondo was used on the quarters/spots on the car. Shoulda never been fixed.

Im looking into a 4 Runner, or an Equinox. Not sure if i want the repair bills on the Equinox though.
            2nd gen 4runner with 3.4 5vzfe swap, 1" body lift and 33" tires.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              2nd gen 4runner with 3.4 5vzfe swap, 1" body lift and 33" tires.
              ^^^x2...lol, but really that sucks man, glad you're not hurt though. Keep your eyes open for that Accord!

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
              X