Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit a cow

awww tonight just sucked

i wrecked my mom's car (2002 CRV) earlier when I was coming back from school. No I wasn't speeding or doing anything illegal, i was driving safely. well what happened is that I hit a damn cow.

okay first of all the last seven miles of my trip home is open range aka no fences to keep cows in.

so there is no moon out and it is dark.

i turn on to the final stretch of road before my house (about seven miles to go)

so i was going about 50 Maybe and I looked down to check my speed and when I looked up again here was this f'n calf running across the road like a tard. so what happened? i hit the thing going about 50ish. the crazy thing was that the thing flew 20 feet in the air forward, did a flip, hit the ground, then starting running again. After thinking about it I expected that thing to be dead. I mean hell what do you think would happen if a 4500 lb vehicle going 50mph hit you? it's great honda put so much engineering into pedestrian safety to save a cow!!! well anyways the car is an automatic and it shifted back into first AT 50 MPH!!! so the engine was going like 10,000rpm, the check engine light, and transmission warning lights were all going off and i just shut off the car. so yeah the engine and transmission are probably toast now.

so I was shaken up a bit and I got out. To my dismay no cars would stop and help me! (my cellphone never has reception here so who am I supposed to call?) people just kept passing by and would not stop. Finally the police came and asked me for my license, registration, and insurance. so they took those things went back to their patrol car and then came back. when they came back the guy was asking me if my license was real or not? (I have a Kansas ID, which is perfectly legal) I said yes then he asked me if I was lying, I said no. Then I bluntly asked him back, well did you check the license number yet? his answer: uh, no it just looks fake...silence. after this they asked me where the cow I hit was, i told them it ran off, they were like wtf? i told them how fast i was going and they thought i was drunk. but it's all okay because insurance is covering it.

yeah today was weird

whoa...i feel sorry for that cow/calf...cops probably thought u were high...it is hard to believe...u hit a bovine at 50mph..in a small SUV...but hey..10 POINTS..did the fellow leave a dent in ur car? i would assume so..cuz thats just nuts...sorri to say i laughed my ass off reading ur story...but it happens to the best of us...i dont have to worri for cows in cali...maybe drunk bums and hobos..lolz..hope everything goes well...peace.

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

hahahaha oh man that sucks. thats stupid that the cops were tryin to pull shit though

Comment

Damn yo thats crazy. those cops r assholes tryin to make it seem like ur drunk or high.

Comment

Thank god for the CRV. That Bovine was like dude I gotta get the fuck outta this shit.

Cops are dicks like that.

How did your parents take it ? Especially your mom.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Can you get pics of the crv?

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
            bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

did the crv drive away? was the tranny engine alright? I've had my old accord shift down to 2nd at like 100mph....so yea it screamed, but it still ran fine so you might be alright...and i accidently went to 2nd after topping 3rd gear before in the silver car, it still runs... so im hoping the crv still runs...
              Seattle Silver crew #5
              Member of the Midwest Car Club.
              ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

hey all,

well my mom wasn't mad or anything, she was just happy I wasn't injured. As for the crv, the entire front of the car is smashed in, the radiator busted, transmission locked up, yeah we had to get it towed. and to top that off, the nearest towing service was an hour and a half away. i'll try to get some pics of the car, hopefully the cow too.

Comment

If they looked at me crazy I would of told them I hit a cow and the sucker got abducted by aliens as soon as I got out of my car. That cop was probably bored.. ahaha.. where the hell were you... like.. Montana or something?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
                    If they looked at me crazy I would of told them I hit a cow and the sucker got abducted by aliens as soon as I got out of my car. That cop was probably bored.. ahaha.. where the hell were you... like.. Montana or something?

hahah! its like that episode of south park with the aliens and cows!

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

Picsssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Try and hunt down the cow too and get a pic. It should still have an H imprint on it.

Comment

that cop is a fruit loop, instead of trying to help you...he gives you shit...
                          screw him.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The important part is that you are ok.

Pics would be a plus, but required.
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

LOL, now that is country!

Comment

Working...
                              X