any one know about electronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one know about electronics?

does any one know how to use the power from a 9volt battery on a 6volt application

i know this is the last place to ask but if someone could even help out a little

i know you need resistors what kind do u need to lower the power going threw from a 9volt..

BTW: the reason i want to do this is because i have an Xmod (rc-car) that takes like 4 AAA batterys (that are expencive) but i want to mount 2 9 volt batterys where they are and use them... but dont want to blow the circutry in the car ($$100.00 car)

any help would help even a web site or 2

I thout I was the only one with an xmods! What car do you have?

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

civic. but i had no other choices...

Comment

I got the corvette. with stage 2 motor, shocks, and the other crap

Dynamic racing

Comment

I beleive a transformer may do it, have you asked radioshack?
          As the name implies, the transformers main function is to have an AC signal for the input and transform ether voltage or current to a desired level. Whether it be to increase or decrease voltage, increase or decrease current, or just have the efficiency level so low that the output is many times lower then the input. This is why in terms of electronics you will talk about stepping up or stepping down current or voltage.
          http://www.compworks.faithweb.com/el...former001.html
          Go down to radioshack and pick yourself a small transformer right?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

if you connect the batteries in series you'll create an 18V source which is too high. if you connect the batteries in parallel, you'll create more current while still keeping 9V.

if you knew the characteristic impedance of the car then you could apply the voltage divider rule to determine the resistor you need. Although using resistors create a loss in power. you could also use capacitor and/or inductor combination to lower voltage but maintain full power transfer.

your other option is a step down transformer. transformers are usually heavy though.

Comment

i have the yellow nsx got it for xmas from my bro and every damn accessory he could buy...so its worth a little over 250 bux..and i have yet to put batteries in it.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

yeah , ill soon have the accord... ( makeing my own body cast for a mold )

but i figure i will use a resistor or 2 to keep it at the normal level, im not to good with electrionics.

accordaffair: i asked radioshack but they are all dumb , this old guy that work there was a help kinda..

mixmatch: would i have to change the capacitor on the circut bord in the car ... or something i just hook up to the battery conection?

thanks

Comment

yeah , ill soon have the accord... ( makeing my own body cast for a mold )

Awesome how did you do that? Can you get pics?

Dynamic racing

Comment

hear are some pics: + the clay mold of the accord body..

these pic's are from today... i desided to re spray the body of the civic ... first 2 coats of flat black , and then red staind glass paint to make it shiney

the accord is in progress... im a buisy man ... but im using that to make a mold and then im going to make a plastic body from that using old pop bottles plastic ones...

Comment

Why do you want to do this? 9V batteries won't last as long as AA's.

Comment

well , now i dont know... maby im thinkin instead of using 4 aaa's i could use 4aa's

i wanted more power out of the thing... i always assumed that more V's would = More Vroom's , but the technical side said that i would have to change abounch of shit

Comment

i put a model train enine in mine it blow out a hour later but i had a really fun hour

Dynamic racing

Comment

There's no point in using a 9V if you want to drop it down to 6 anyway. I could see you wanting to use different batteries to increase run time.

Now if you just gave it 9V instead of 6 then yes, it would be much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                              There's no point in using a 9V if you want to drop it down to 6 anyway. I could see you wanting to use different batteries to increase run time.

Now if you just gave it 9V instead of 6 then yes, it would be much faster.

would u know how to do such a thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X