Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh how I love Cb7tuner! .. other Forums fail [rant]...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh how I love Cb7tuner! .. other Forums fail [rant]...

So i recently picked up a '91 240sx Coupe.... Automatic. .. and have been using Zilvia.net as my homebase forum for that car... alot of users on that site, and many local NorCal guys(which i bought a transmission from) the Transmission went out, and I had to put in another (yes another Automatic transmission .. This will be my shared with my girlfriend Daily driver. i can finally give proper TLC to the cb7 too!)

Anyways i'm on it and looking for recommendations on fluids.. brands and weight, etc..mainly rear diff, and atf..stuff i'm not familiar with, lol... and see a kid who just bought his first car and posted up.. basically the same question i've looking for. I as like "sweet" all the info i need will be right here. Sadly I started reading the replies, and it was a Flame fest. I mean WTF! the kid mentions he just got his first car.. and wants some direction .. there are guys telling him to check the fuqin Flux Capacitor, another guy says " buy a honda, then put water in the crank case", "replace your hispanic fuel pump", "break the car then fix it" ????? ..

Anyways Zilvia.net is giving me a headache and frustrating me. i needed to center my Chi .. cb7tuner is here for me! haha ... End Rant..
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

mods there are slacking then.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i also use that site as a base for my 93' coupe along with 240sx.org but neither of them have all the info im looking for, so its either i figure it out myself or take it in. but even posting on those sights seem useless cause most of them barely have any replies. cb7tuner is always here for me

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
        mods there are slacking then.
        Na, we're just harsh

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

link to said thread?

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            Na, we're just harsh
            Not to be taken the wrong way....but I was thinking the same thing

Zilvia does suck....I go on there from time to time looking for generic boost parts....its the honda-tech of the 240 world....its full of kids who build their cars off ebay and by following everyone else....its not a hard car to build yet they think they are above all else....and just like h-t there are some legit people on there...with legit builds...but those guys are drowned out by the douchebags

My fav thread from zilvia:
            http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/3...-cool-car.html

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

dany0, 240 guys think they are better than honda guys when in reality...domestic guys think we are all the same.

so if anyone gives you any shit, just tell them...hey you still drive an import just like me except mine is just better quality.

theres a group of 240 guys at school and they always give everyone shit except ls1 driver's because they want the ls1 in thier 240sx. bunch of ignorant fucks.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post

theres a group of 240 guys at school and they always give everyone shit except ls1 driver's because they want the ls1 in thier 240sx. bunch of ignorant fucks.
                Same here.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Dude I'm with ya. I belong to local site kcsr, and today I received a three day ban, becaucse there was some one who was trying to sell fuction and form coil overs for a cb. 1200$ was his starting price. I wrote on the thread stating that they are 600$ shipped from their website and how he shouldn't be tring to scam kids. Well his post # is over 120,000. And he reported me. Come to find out its the younger brother of the Creator of said site so he banned me........Wtf

Comment

wow that's pretty lame. dood probably got onto his brother's computer and banned you himself.

Comment

i use to be on that site, too man nut huggers. i joined the local forum 240atlanta til i sold both of my 240's
                      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                        Dude I'm with ya. I belong to local site kcsr, and today I received a three day ban, becaucse there was some one who was trying to sell fuction and form coil overs for a cb. 1200$ was his starting price. I wrote on the thread stating that they are 600$ shipped from their website and how he shouldn't be tring to scam kids. Well his post # is over 120,000. And he reported me. Come to find out its the younger brother of the Creator of said site so he banned me........Wtf

Hey, if some moron wanted to buy them for twice what they sell for elsewhere, so be it. It's not a scam unless it's a lie. I can't fault a man for asking an unreasonable price... I just wouldn't be stupid enough to pay it!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          dany0, 240 guys think they are better than honda guys when in reality...domestic guys think we are all the same.

so if anyone gives you any shit, just tell them...hey you still drive an import just like me except mine is just better quality.
                          so lemme get this straight, you want to defend "imports" but yet say you have a "better" quality "import" than the other "import" owners

i like all kind of cars and i can differentiate between drivers and cars. can you?

Comment

In my experience, there is a large minority of very loud, very visible idiots in every type of automotive tuning. The majority of people that modify cars are reasonable people but they don't make scenes and don't try and impress their friends by making fun of other model cars so you never hear about them. No offense to anyone, but the accord community is exactly the same way, even the CB scene.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

That is absolutely true.

The one advantage we have over many of the more popular platforms is that we're smaller. We're closer-knit (especially since we're only focusing on one generation of a less-popular platform.) The more popular platforms like Civics, 240sx, Mustangs, Camaros, Golfs/Jettas, etc... generally have a larger following, and they're the cars that the bandwagoners will follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X