Anyone know toyotas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know toyotas?

So my friend dad just gave him a 1988 celica all trac turbo with leather, sunroof, power windows ect. Thing is its in MA and we live in FL so we have to get it shipped here bc it needs some work. My question is this a rare car and even worth shipping down here?

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Yes it is a pretty rare car, and I would love to own one. I say ship it over! its a good car.

Comment

It's quite rare, and yes, I'd say it's well worth shipping if it is in good condition.
      Being from MA, it may have rust issues... that would be something to address right away, as rust can eat a car alive. From that picture though, it looks very well kept.

Comment

Yea his grandfather worked for a bodyshop and has kept it rust free.
        So that's good.

Should shipping depend on whats wrong with it?

Because no one really knows exactly whats wrong with it.. Or ship it either way and restore it.

Comment

Does it run?

I'd go for it.

Comment

To tell you the truth we have no idea. Maybe well fly up there and check it out. It has been sitting for like 7 years..

Edit. It was registered about two years go but sat 5 years before that. Something fell from the motor... I have no idea what so it was not started since.
            Last edited by DarkHusk11; 06-19-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

If you guys don't take it, and it needs to go, I have friends in MA that may be interested.

Comment

3s swap.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                  3s swap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    If you guys don't take it, and it needs to go, I have friends in MA that may be interested.
                    Will let you know!

Comment

Yes, very rare and desireable car. It has a 180hp 3S-GTE 2.0 16v engine in it.

Probably one of the most unreliable vehicles you will ever have the chance to own. I used to own two 4th gen Celicas and when speaking to Alltrac owners every one always told me "it spends more time being fixed than it does being driven. Every time I drive it, something else breaks."

They're quick and fun, and very good looking cars IMO. OEM parts availability is getting quite difficult for them and there isn't much aftermarket support for these cars. It will be an expensive project.

Beautiful car though, I would love to see it saved and brought back to former glory. I really miss my 87 GTS.

If you have any other questions about the 86-89 Celicas, send me a PM.

Comment

It's a shame we never got the newer model.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          Yes, very rare and desireable car. It has a 180hp 3S-GTE 2.0 16v engine in it.

Probably one of the most unreliable vehicles you will ever have the chance to own. I used to own two 4th gen Celicas and when speaking to Alltrac owners every one always told me "it spends more time being fixed than it does being driven. Every time I drive it, something else breaks."

They're quick and fun, and very good looking cars IMO. OEM parts availability is getting quite difficult for them and there isn't much aftermarket support for these cars. It will be an expensive project.

Beautiful car though, I would love to see it saved and brought back to former glory. I really miss my 87 GTS.

If you have any other questions about the 86-89 Celicas, send me a PM.
                          I agree it is a very nice looking car. Ive heard the same from people that own supras is that true? Also when we get it down here I will deff be in contact with you!

Looks nice alot better then the previous one.

Comment

Supras are known to have their issues as well (the mk3 Supra's 7M-GTE engine is notorious for blowing head gaskets)

No car is perfect, and any performance model is most likely going to receive a beating... so an old one will have plenty of issues, or at least potential issues. Still, if you properly restore, modify, and maintain a car, and treat it with respect, it will last. Many people that complain about reliability are more to blame than the car itself!

Comment

My buddy had a 95 JDM Celica GT-Four. It was stupid fast, blew up a few 500+hp engines
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X