Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading online....

How does it work, exactly?

It's no one here and Im not trying to screw anyone, so if we could NOT go there.

I have a set of blackhoused headlights and the other person has a set of OEM chromes. In his original post, he said he'd trade + cash.

Is it wrong of me to ask him to pay shipping for both items? Like he pays $30 to ship his to me and paypals me $30 to ship mine to him? That way he ends up $60 in the hole and I break even. Is that fair/right?

Would it be wrong of me to ask him to pay an extra $10 or $15 on top of that since theyre blackhoused? Im not trying to rip anyone off, Im just not sure how this works. Cuz, if we both pay our own shipping, we're both gonna be right where we started only, each $30 in the hole. That doesnt seem rght to me, lol. But I kinda feel bad making him $60+ in the hole, lol.

It seems the fairest for us each to pay our own shipping, but then I feel like Im getting the stick of the deal cuz he'll end up with blackhouses and i get OEM chromers...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Well look at it from a different angle

if you both paid to ship your own parts then you would both be down $30 ( random ammount )

if he paid you $30 for the part + is giving you a part then you are out $0. You didn't make anything but you didn't lose anything.

Just see what the other party is willing to do.

Comment

Is it wrong of me to make him pay to ship both sets PLUS throw me a few bones in addition?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Yes it is wrong....they are both pairs of OEM headlights, except yours is blackhoused.

Id say you each pay shipping and maybe he throws you a few extra $ since theyre blackhoused.

Comment

Yes you should both pay your own shipping, you want the headlights even if they are OEM, then pay for them.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Anything he sends me will just come off my shipping cost. I just hate that when it's all said and done, we'll both be in hole and we'll both still have a set of lights, lol.

Comment

Thats what happens when its not a local trade. If you want the part you have to pay for shipping regardless. If you dont want to be in the hole then just keep your lights, plain and simple.

Comment

Explain to me why your trading Blackhoused for OEM clears?!?!

And why you didn't offer to trade with me lol.

Comment

I have my old chrome OEMs and the blackhouses. Im not feeling the blackers anymore. They make the front of my car look too dark for my taste. Originally, I was gonna sell them and just rock the stockers but I wanna have a spare set in case I wanna do a retro later on.

MDJ, I know. I just feel like we're both getting ripped off, lol. It's like we're standing side-by-side, trade lights, then we each throw $30 into the fire, lol.

Comment

Every trade I've made online each party paid for the shipping of their item, regardless of the difference in $$$.

I even had one person suggest I commit mail fraud just to save on shipping.
                    He was going to send me the traded item via USPS Priority Mail. Once I get the package I carefully open it up, take the item out, pack my item in said package, then write "refused" on it... I told him to fuck off if you can't afford $20 in shipping.

So yeah I would just ask him if he'd be will to toss some $$$ on top of the deal. What's the worst that can happen, he refuses?
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

the way i see it, blackhoused headlights are more valueable than OEM clears b/c it took time for someone to blackhouse them, mask them and then reseal them. All he did was take them off his car for the OEM clears.

So in essence, he should pay you on top of the trade of the headlights.

I say you both pay shipping for the headlights to each other, and then he gives you like 30 bucks or whatever you see as the labor of doing the blackhousing. It took me about 2 hrs to blackhouse my OEM headlights.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

trading imo is doing each member a favor and every party ends up being satisfied by the trade... thats the point. you want chrome ones, he wants blackhoused ones. you each put down thirty. honestly hes the one doing you the favor, it would be harder for you to get yours back to chrome then it would be for him to pop off his lense and use some black spray paint. thats just my opinion though. in a trade you shouldnt be asking for MORE money, each person should be putting down around the same thing.

Comment

I dont WANT the chromes. I currently have 2 set of lights; the BH and my OEM chromes. If I trade him my BH for his OEM chromes, I will then have 2 pairs of OEM chromes. One will just be extra for whatever or maybe for a retro later. He WANTS the BH but doesnt wanna pay the 70 shipped for them, he'd rather pay $30 to ship + the $30 Im asking for. WHICH, doesnt make any sense.

Comment

just ignore his pm's

Comment

If I trade with people online, we pay our own shipping for the items we send.

How about you guys just trade parts straight across and pay your own shipping.

Blackhoused OEM headlights are no more valuable than chrome ones.

That's like asking $100 more for a set of wheels that you spraypainted for $20.

Comment

Working...
                              X