No announcement yet.

leasing a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only car id prolly lease are bmws. since maintenance for those cars suck after 3 years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Not true??? You just repeated what I said.

I assumed you meant this

"Payment wise" As is monthly payment...

Lease payments are cheaper a month then buying the car

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
        the only car id prolly lease are bmws. since maintenance for those cars suck after 3 years lol.
        "Maintenance" is cheap... If you follow the book and do the labor yourself probably cheaper than a Japanese car... Every fluid besides the oil is "lifetime" So not much is maintenance according to BMW.... But its all B.S. And probably why you see so many trans failures etc.. And the oil change reminder on my car comes on at something like 16k

The problem is fixing the broken crap is expensive if you pay labor.
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 06-05-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

leasing is worth it for higher end vehicles, not for cheapies

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

If you're only going to keep a car for a few years before you get another one, you aren't going to modify it, and you aren't going to drive it a million miles a year... leasing makes a lot of sense... unless, of course, you can buy a new car and sell it in 3 years for enough money that the total amount you paid into it is less than what you would have paid over a 3 year lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              "Maintenance" is cheap... If you follow the book and do the labor yourself probably cheaper than a Japanese car... Every fluid besides the oil is "lifetime" So not much is maintenance according to BMW.... But its all B.S. And probably why you see so many trans failures etc.. And the oil change reminder on my car comes on at something like 16k

The problem is fixing the broken crap is expensive if you pay labor.
              of course, but your average joe who buys a brand new bmw isn't the type to "do it yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                I assumed you meant this

"Payment wise" As is monthly payment...

Lease payments are cheaper a month then buying the car
                I've never heard of lease payments being cheaper than buying.
                1990 Accord EX

Comment

I've never heard of lease payments being cheaper than buying.
                  then you must not know how leasing works

people who lease are those that want to get a better car than they normally could through purchasing, all things being equal

Comment

Leasing is basically renting the car. You do not own the car. Registration/title says you do, but within the contract, you're basically driving property of the bank and manufacturer. You cannot modify or alter the car and maintenance must be kept up to date.

Insurance is not included. You provide your own insurance coverage. It is no different than buying or financing a car. Insurance is insurance and it's mandatory to have it.

You have a contract for a set time, typically 36 months. Set mileages, then you pay a fee per mile if you're over the mileage.

You're offered a buy out price at the end of your contract if you wish to buy the car.

Leasing is great for people who just want a car to get in and drive from point A to point B, dont do a ton of miles, and want a new car every few years.

Payment wise, you'll usually get better interest rates or incentives, such as 0 down and 0% interest or maybe 0.9 or 1.9% APR interest for 36 months, or cash back incentives and whatnot.

The way I look at leasing, is you're basically driving a rental car. It's yours, but it's really not. At the end, you've paid for it for 3 years, and then you have nothing. You either choose to buy it out, which will still cost thousands, which then you'll probably finance that amount, or you simply turn it in and lease yourself another car.

It's a simple and practical way for people to keep driving newer, reliable cars with full service and warranties.
                    Last edited by crazymikey; 06-06-2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                      then you must not know how leasing works

people who lease are those that want to get a better car than they normally could through purchasing, all things being equal
                      I do know, it's like the car will never be mine so I don't see the point in me leasing a car. I've just always heard that monthly payments are higher when it comes to monthly payments, and cant modify it so I'd rather pick a car I like and finance it, or buy it cash. My opinion.
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

The buyout at the end of a lease is usually more than what the car is worth, since it is not the market value but the unpaid balance of the MSRP.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I do know, it's like the car will never be mine so I don't see the point in me leasing a car. I've just always heard that monthly payments are higher when it comes to monthly payments, and cant modify it so I'd rather pick a car I like and finance it, or buy it cash. My opinion.
                          better deals to be had from the higher priced cars. i forgot the exact figures but a large majority of mercedes/bmw consumers are lessees

same with houses, why do people pay rent when they can buy. at the end who ends up with a house right? both have their pros and cons

Comment

Working...
                          X