political question on healthcare bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

political question on healthcare bill

was watching a bill maher interview and he remarked that our healthcare bill came from bob dole. True or fudged true or no true?
    Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-23-2011, 02:53 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of Maher
    ____

I've never heard that before, but then again, I'm not all that up on politics. I'm sure anything that gets passed has been tossed around for years... so just about any politician that had the potential to influence it probably did.

If this discussion begins to get out of hand, I trust that you will delete it before anyone gets banned.

Comment

I was debating asking it really because of that. I hope to just get an answer lol I'm not wanting to open a discussion as to pro/con of it...just a sort of curious FYI.

I heard it from bill Maher during an interview and the bill wasn't even a topic, he sorta threw it out to furthur a point he was making. I couldn't find info anywhere else so not too sure as to how much truth (I'm sure there is a little just not sure how much) is in that statement from him.

But yeah I'll try to keep an eye out for "that"
      Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-23-2011, 02:53 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of Maher
      ____

Comment

I actually have not heard Bob Dole had anything to do with it. It's possibly just a political lie to try to get support from more people by stating "Mr. X" supports the healthcare bill.....call me paranoid but politicians on the left, right, and middle have proved over and over to generally be liers, cheats, greedy, and willing to coerce the public opinion to get any desired result. I take any news I hear about anything political with a grain of salt. My .02.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I have ONLY heard this from Bill Maher and he's not really republican friendly so I was curious about how much truth there is in it.
          ____

Comment

Evidently Bob Dole Has been talking of Health care reform since the 70's.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=artBody;col1

Its like that one creepy Carter speech, in '79.
            If the issue had only been resolved THEN.

As to the current health care bill, according to wiki:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Charles Rangel (D-NY) submitted it to the House as "Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009" in 9/09.
            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
            X