Ok so Im cheap and want to have a/c this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
    Well Skeet Skeet skeeted to the junk yards today. I found only ONE Accord in the whole area with complete a/c. And to top it all off it was still holding freon and from sitting there waiting for the freon to escape, it seemed like it was slap full of it. Got the entire system and a mirror for $135. Today was a good day.

Wow usually they recover the freon. Just make sure the compressor oil is clean and free of metals.

Maybe also when you get it together and vacuum the system go and see if you can get a shop to fill it with nitrogen and see if it holds pressure. I seen systems hold pressure under vacuum but once there is pressure it leaks.

At least you will confirm your install and know where to start if you do have an issue.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I have a nitrogen tank, gauges, recovery, vacuum, and a full 30lb jug of hot shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
        Like so

How do you think it will work with dry ice? It is alot colder.
        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I would like to know myself. It would be awesome to have when Im away from the car and I want to keep it cool that day.

Comment

Working...
          X