Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like so

Comment

I don't have an ice machine. I would have to get an ass ton of ice cube trays. And as hot as it gets here...the ice might last until about 11pm until it was melted and then im fucked when I get in the car when its the hottest.

Comment

what you need to do is, find a shop that fix the a/c problem correctly. most shops will look for a leak and/or over charge the system causing it to work like crap. i would drain the system out, shoot a can of new freon in. then shoot the a/c oil in. then do another can. if still not cold, do another.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

That the thing dude....ill have to buy ALL the underhood a/c components. Im trying to find a donor car with known good working a/c for a good price.

I just don't know what it is about it in SC but 90% of the Hondas down here do NOT have working a/c at all. They all have leaks that can't be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
            Well the thing is guys I don't have any a/c components on my car AT ALL. The evap is still there but thats it. It had this mysterious leak in it and I couldn't find and 3 other shops couldn't find. I tore my car apart one weekend trying to find out why my freon was escaping with a freon sniffer and could not find it for the life of me. It was stupid but I just got so mad at it that I just ripped everything out because it was nothing but taking up space. This search spanned over 4 years. When I did commercial refrigeration, I was the one they called to find a leak because I was small and had patience. If I couldn't find a leak then something was wrong.

Anyways thanks for the major help guys. Yall kept me from wasting money on something that wasn't gonna work.
            People are always (foolishly) throwing their A/C stuff awayy, you should be able to find a whole setup for cheap or damn near free

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well im going to run to the pull a part on tuesday to see what all I can find. PAP advertises a whole changeover for $100 without warranty. Down here the Accords are good and sometimes plenty and I won't mind buying new stuff like a compressor or condenser.

Comment

Every Honda I have ever owned except for one (EG coupe) hasn't had working a/c. And it still doesn't have that great of a/c when it gets really hot outside. Its been inspected and serviced and still doesn't do as good as I like.

I would do it right, but I would rather find another Accord for $1200 that will have working a/c. I am trying to do this for my car and my camper. I just need to figure out which units have a drain pan and are cheap (less than $300). I am installing a power inverter in the slab anyway just to have for working on stuff and powering other devices. The a/c is just an add on and I need ideas on how to get it to work.
                Thats because these are 15-20 year old cars, the seals dry out over time and they develop leaks. Fix your shit right or don't use a/c at all.

Comment

Thats another thing man, I replaced all the seals associated with a/c components. We just couldn't find the leak and at the time I didn't have the money to start replacing stuff that was still good.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Man I live in Alabama. I went 4 years without AC and finally figured out the wire going to the compressor had been cut. Fixed it and that 21 year old AC system blew colder than Antarctica. Honda systems are good, some of the best you just gotta give em some love.

Its hot as hell here, and the CG's AC cuts through it like a knife through butter
                      -Will

Comment

This is the worst idea I have ever heard.

1)Deal with it
                        2) Buy a car with a working AC.

Why bother retrofitting some half assed residential AC into your car/buy all new equipment?

Comment

Thats another thing man, I replaced all the seals associated with a/c components. We just couldn't find the leak and at the time I didn't have the money to start replacing stuff that was still good.
                          You did a shitty job looking then because the system is not that big

Did you open up the compressor and replace the seals within it?

How about opening up the condenser and replacing its seals?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            People are always (foolishly) throwing their A/C stuff awayy, you should be able to find a whole setup for cheap or damn near free
                            X2 (minus the foolishness)

I probably have AC parts laying around in my garage. I'll let you know what I have. Pay shipping and it's yours.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Well the thing is guys I don't have any a/c components on my car AT ALL. The evap is still there but thats it. It had this mysterious leak in it and I couldn't find and 3 other shops couldn't find. I tore my car apart one weekend trying to find out why my freon was escaping with a freon sniffer and could not find it for the life of me. It was stupid but I just got so mad at it that I just ripped everything out because it was nothing but taking up space. This search spanned over 4 years. When I did commercial refrigeration, I was the one they called to find a leak because I was small and had patience. If I couldn't find a leak then something was wrong.

Anyways thanks for the major help guys. Yall kept me from wasting money on something that wasn't gonna work.
                              If they cant find it, they dont belong near AC. Since you have nothing but the eveaporator in the dash you can easillyget an air compressor and put air through it and plug the other end you may be able to hear it or feel it also (50 psi is a good amount). With it out of the car of course.

. You can even put it in water you will find the leak .

Also most current freon leak detectors are not accurate. I seen many that only picked up big leaks. I use a very old one.

You can always replace a seal and still have a seal that isnt correct, pinched, or whatever. If you lost that much freon very quick there is a very good chance of a very big leak. Best thing to do is to actually put in some dye so you can find it later.

There is no reason to replace stuff that is good. Only when you determine its bad is time to replace it.

There was this guys car I worked on. Shop wanted 1800 to replace his whole ac system because they couldnt find the issue. 30 minutes of feeling hoses and doing performance tests I found out everything was working properly. Found a faulty heater valve that allowed coolant to go through the heater core and heat up the air in the car. 100 bucks later he has cool AC and comes back to me for everything. I only use a set of AC guages to determine that there was enough pressure in the system.

Shops who want to replace a whole system because they dont want to diagnose what the issue is should NOT be allowed to touch a car. There is always a reason for everything. If they say replace everything, just run away.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                                this ^^^^^^
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X