• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face transplant patient ready to go home

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/09...ex.html?hpt=C2

he looks older then 26 by alot now.

Discuss

I wonder what he looked like before the accident.

He's really lucky to be alive. Most people that get hit from a power line are not so lucky. God was thanking him for painting that church.
    Last edited by PointBlank; 05-09-2011, 07:21 PM.
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Not funny?

Seriously though, that's some sweet ass advances in medicine right there.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

This is just a minor step. I also feel that the doctors should develop cybornetic limbs to help the people who cannot use their limbs due to amputation, un-expected occurances such as war or accidents/illnesses. that way they can go about their daily normal lives. Would be nice to have a terminatorish like limb.

Comment

His face after the accident/before the transplant = holyshit.

Comment

well nowadays i think he should be able to get thise camera eyes that they can implant to give him sight am i correct? this is good news though now hopefully they will become much better in the future!

Lou's Build Thread!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post

Not funny?

Seriously though, that's some sweet ass advances in medicine right there.
              just watched that the other day. Reading what all this guy went through and what he has to continue to go through to keep his body from rejecting the new face makes you realize just how far-fetched the movie Face-Off actually is. Not a bad movie, but good to see technology and medicine advancing in real life.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

thats simply awesome.. his attitude about everything is truly inspiring too..

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  This is just a minor step. I also feel that the doctors should develop cybornetic limbs to help the people who cannot use their limbs due to amputation, un-expected occurances such as war or accidents/illnesses. that way they can go about their daily normal lives. Would be nice to have a terminatorish like limb.
                  a while back i remember reading about a soldier receiving bluetooth equipped prosthetic limbs.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/25/b...tee-walk-agai/

Not the same article that i read but similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                    thats simply awesome.. his attitude about everything is truly inspiring too..
                    Very much so.
                    I like that his daughter can accept him as well. I couldn't imagine how heartbreaking it would be to go through all of that, only to have your own child be afraid (hell, when I was a kid, my dad shaved his mustache and I cried!)

I can't even imagine what we'll be able to do in 50 years...

Comment

hell.. i get a lot of praise for overcoming what i went through last year (and the ongoing struggles).. what i went through isnt shit compared to this guy..

Comment

Working...
                      X