What I did today. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I did today. :)

Absolutely amazing training. These guys are former marines and current part-time private security contractors for high-risk people in the mid-east, one guy just got back from over there. This is how I spent my Friday:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
    Absolutely amazing training. These guys are ex-marines and current part-time private security contractors for high-risk people in the mid-east, one guy just got back from over there. This is how I spent my Friday:

That's a pretty cool video but why were they on their backs shooting forward? Wouldn't it be easy to shoot laying on your stomach?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      That's a pretty cool video but why were they on their backs shooting forward? Wouldn't it be easy to shoot laying on your stomach?
      That postition is called "4 Seconds after Brock Lesnar"

Comment

awesome!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          This class isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to teach you how to react and accurately send some hate towards your target no matter what your circumstances are. We also did full out running while shooting at targets to the left and right as we ran by which was a ton of fun. This stuff is the real deal, no pretty hollywood moves or holding the guns gangster, strictly what these guys have found works to survive in Afghanistan and Iraq. They have some interesting stories.

I recommend Tactical Response to anyone looking to learn how to really handle a fighting weapon. They offer many classes from single day to 5-day High Risk Civilian Contractor class......all of their stuff is open to any law abiding citizen. They have guys come in from Canada and Europe along with other countries also. Sweet stuff.
          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

FORMER Marines, not ex.

No such thing as an exmarine. ONCE a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

What'd you use and why did you decide to take that type of training as opposed to a pistol class?
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                FORMER Marines, not ex.

Just got real.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  Just got real.

"This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                    FORMER Marines, not ex.

Correction made in original post! I'll do my best not to make that mistake again.

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                    What'd you use and why did you decide to take that type of training as opposed to a pistol class?
                    We used full auto ak's (I THINK bulgarian variant but not sure. We rented the rifles from them), 7.62 x 39 of course. Shot about 1,000 rds throughout the day. I learned there is alot to controlling full auto fire but got pretty good at by the end of the day.

I have a buddy that bought an ak and he found this group. He asked if I wanted to go along so I went. I plan to go back and take their beginner and advanced fighting pistol classes, fighting rifle class, medical, and high risk civilian contractor.
                    Last edited by 19dabeast85; 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

what was the price? Doesn't sound cheap.
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                        what was the price? Doesn't sound cheap.
                        $300 for the class including ak rental, $250 if you bring your own ak. Add transportation and $230 for 1,000rds of 7.62x39 plus you bring your fighting pistol and 100rds of pistol ammo. I actually didn't shoot my pistol once during the class because it was just to have a backup if we were close to the target and ran out of ak. I evidently paced my ak magazines well.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

am i the only one that recognized the music from epic meal time?
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                            am i the only one that recognized the music from epic meal time?
                            nope.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                              This class isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to teach you how to react and accurately send some hate towards your target no matter what your circumstances are. We also did full out running while shooting at targets to the left and right as we ran by which was a ton of fun. This stuff is the real deal, no pretty hollywood moves or holding the guns gangster, strictly what these guys have found works to survive in Afghanistan and Iraq. They have some interesting stories.

I recommend Tactical Response to anyone looking to learn how to really handle a fighting weapon. They offer many classes from single day to 5-day High Risk Civilian Contractor class......all of their stuff is open to any law abiding citizen. They have guys come in from Canada and Europe along with other countries also. Sweet stuff.
                              I could definitely see this kind of training being a priceless advantage if you ever get in some shit. There is no substitute for real-world experience, and this is as close as you're gonna get.

Someone's ready for the zombie apocalypse.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Working...
                              X