Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia

Any ways of curing it without going to the doctor? Or at least ways to relax the body/mind for some good rest? I haven't been able to sleep for the past 2 weeks. Today I did another 26 hour straight run without sleep. Any help would be appreciated!

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

stay awake during the whole night, & day. then by the next night youll be sleepy like normal again. just dont for get to set the clock for 8 hours of sleep only

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

An exercise that's never failed me is to picture an apple in your mind, focus on it until it's the most perfect beautiful red apple you can imagine, really get that sucker's image in your mind, then turn it into an orange, then a lemon, lime, blueberry, grape... The trick is to picture it flawlessly before you move on to the next fruit. I've never made it to blueberry.

Comment

Work out and exhaust your body... then possibly rub one out, just to make sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
          Work out and exhaust your body... then possibly rub one out, just to make sure lol
          If its mental, that dosent help, but makes it worse instead because it turns into torture.

OP, see my thread in OT

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Physical exertion and sexual release can stimulate the release of certain neurotransmitters that will aid in sleep... so that actually COULD work.

The thing is, insomnia is rarely the problem, merely a symptom. You need to figure out what it is that is causing it. It could be stress, anxiety, a lack of activity, depression, or a chemical imbalance that has no outside influence.

When I can't sleep, I tell myself a story. Like I'm watching a movie unfold in my mind, I'll focus on the details, just as visualpoet does with his apple thing. That's what does it... the concentration on something distracts you, and makes your mind tired (the same concept as when you're writing a paper or filling out forms, or any other mundane "paperwork" task... your mind wants to shut off.)
            That would be the best way to do it without therapy, medication (I HATE medication unless it is absolutely necessary!), or a serious life change.

Comment

might not be something you'd be willing to do but try smoking a joint like 30 min before you plan to lay your head down. I've had insomnia since I can remember. I used to be on sleeping pills and everything and nothing worked for me except smoking a little before sleep...puts me right out. If you get tested regularly then obviously nvm lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The thing is, insomnia is rarely the problem, merely a symptom. You need to figure out what it is that is causing it. It could be stress, anxiety, a lack of activity, depression, or a chemical imbalance that has no outside influence.
                This is true. I've always had a weird sleep schedule because I work nights and I flip flop my sleep on days off, but a few months ago my girlfriend of almost 6 years and I broke it off. I couldn't sleep for what felt like weeks because of it. It's all I could think about while trying to fall asleep, I never dream, but I'd dream about it, wake up and not be able to fall asleep again because of it. I still had to go work 12 hour shifts too, it was horrible. I hate medication, but eventually I had to turn to some Tylenol PM every once in awhile so I could get more than an hour or two of sleep at a time.

After I started getting over the situation and started working out and being more physical, I started sleeping better again. I've never been an emotional guy, but the break up stuff got to me that time I guess. You have to figure out what the cause of it is first before you can find the solution.
                Last edited by apuforyou; 05-04-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Something that helps me is to lay down in bed roughly 30 to 45 minutes before I intend on going to bed, and reading a book. It helps my brain kind of get back to neutral if you will. Relaxing, and reading is always a good mental workout. For your first book should you choose to use this method, I suggest Crash by J.G. Ballard. Next.... Dr. Zhivago! Neither ever gets old!
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I just take a cocktail of blood pressure and cholesterol meds. Knocks me out in 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X