The big 4 are coming to the Bronx!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big 4 are coming to the Bronx!!!!!

You asked for it, you got it!! We read your posts, e-mails, tweets and saw the pleas for a general admission floor at this show, so ask and you shall receive! We know you won’t be sitting down for one second, so here’s how it will work – the floor will be divided into two sections, literally a front and a back (simple, uh?).

Ticket prices are as follows:

Front G.A. floor: $225
    Back G.A. floor: $175
    Reserved lower level seats: $119
    Upper deck reserved seats: $90
    Additional Ticketmaster and facility fees will be applied.

I would normally pay $225 and fight my way to the front, but im going with a few peeps and they don't want to stand for 5 hours so well be getting R lower level.

Im so fucking excited!

I haven't seen any of these guys, so im excited to see them all in one shot and in the house that Ruth Built!!!

Any one else going?

YEAH!!! Ok no not really. I recently made some changes in my life, and a big part of it was the music I listen to. This kind of music takes me back to times I don't care to visit.

But I like your enthusiasm!
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
      YEAH!!! Ok no not really. I recently made some changes in my life, and a big part of it was the music I listen to. This kind of music takes me back to times I don't care to visit.

But I like your enthusiasm!
      Well thats a shame brotha!

Ill have a beer for you!!!!

Comment

I've seen Slayer and Anthrax before. Unfortunately both sucked. The crowd actually started booing Slayer. I left about 2 songs into their set.

Comment

I never got to see Anthrax... I've seen Metallica once (Load tour... I was not impressed, sadly). Megadeth twice (snore... totally boring live show... might as well hit play on the CD player...). Slayer once at Ozzfest, so that doesn't really count... They're my least favorite of the 4 anyway. Tom can't sing for shit, and Jeff and Kerry play the same solo patterns in every damn song.

I might consider going just for Anthrax. Belladonna is finally back with them, right? Some of their best songs were with him (Caught in a Mosh, NFL, I Am the Law... can you tell I like Among the Living? ) though I think I liked the overall music with John Bush better. They were less fun, but more... I dunno... musical. I'd be curious to see how Belladonna sings the Bush songs. They released so many albums with Bush that I don't imagine they'd only stick to their old 80s material...

Comment

It's funny, ive heard a few people already say stuff like "oh they all suck now" and "its a waste of money" but i think its really cool.

Its only the 2nd of this series to be played stateside and the 2nd musical act at the new stadium....that alone is cool.

I can't comment on any of the bands as ive seen none of them live but i can't see me coming away disappointed in any of them.

Metallica is the only one with a big selection of crap and ive heard people say as recent as 2 years ago that they play a lot of old shit so for me its a win win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Well thats a shame brotha!

Ill have a beer for you!!!!

"a"??? Kiss my ass if I'm only worth ONE beer!! Gimme at least 3!
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                "a"??? Kiss my ass if I'm only worth ONE beer!! Gimme at least 3!
                ROFL!

Well im sure ill have a few, so ill surely have at least 3 for ya!

Comment

I'm sure they all do kinda suck now... they're all older, so the energy of youth that infused their older material is gone (that's why I didn't enjoy the Metallica show I saw, and that was almost half my life ago!)
                  BUT, to guys like us, it's a chance to see a bunch of our heroes on stage, all at the same show. That's pretty damn cool, IMO. It's not like a festival, where you get 3 awesome bands and a bunch of bands that the record label is cramming down your throat.

They may not be in their glory days, but they're still the bands we love... and amazingly, with most of the original members (aside from Megadeth, which was really just Dave and whoever could tolerate him at the time...)

Actually... wait... when is the last time Metallica and Megadeth shared a stage? Is this something noteworthy?

Comment

Are you Vegan?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I'm sure they all do kinda suck now... they're all older, so the energy of youth that infused their older material is gone (that's why I didn't enjoy the Metallica show I saw, and that was almost half my life ago!)
                      BUT, to guys like us, it's a chance to see a bunch of our heroes on stage, all at the same show. That's pretty damn cool, IMO. It's not like a festival, where you get 3 awesome bands and a bunch of bands that the record label is cramming down your throat.

They may not be in their glory days, but they're still the bands we love... and amazingly, with most of the original members (aside from Megadeth, which was really just Dave and whoever could tolerate him at the time...)

Actually... wait... when is the last time Metallica and Megadeth shared a stage? Is this something noteworthy?
                      They just did the Big 4 show in CA so them playing on the same stage is nothing new now, but still cool nonetheless.

And i agree, no matter what anyone says, for me, this is going to be an awesome night!

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      Are you Vegan?
                      ?

Comment

?
                        The site you linked is a Vegan blog http://www.brooklynvegan .com/img/ metal/various/bi g4.jpg

Comment

It's funny, ive heard a few people already say stuff like "oh they all suck now" and "its a waste of money" but i think its really cool.

Its only the 2nd of this series to be played stateside and the 2nd musical act at the new stadium....that alone is cool.

I can't comment on any of the bands as ive seen none of them live but i can't see me coming away disappointed in any of them.

Metallica is the only one with a big selection of crap and ive heard people say as recent as 2 years ago that they play a lot of old shit so for me its a win win.
                          saw Metallica at the Stone in San Francisco 1981, AWESOME SHOW !!!!!

then at Day On the Green 1985 opening for the Scorpions

saw Megadeth at the Ritz NYC 1986 cool show not boring at all

Anthrax at the Crest Theater (sacramento Cal) "Fistful of Metal tour"

Slayer at the Cow Palace SF 1983 or 84 (gotta check the ticket stub)

might go see this show if not sold out- yeah right not sold out
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Holy crap, Bob... you got to see all of them when they were still cranking out their best stuff!

Comment

Dave Mustaine vs James Hetfield fist fight....would be epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X