Texting and Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texting and Driving

So I just got word that my friend was in a bad accident because she was texting and driving. I have told her that texting and driving is extremely dangerous and she should not do this. Every time I drove with her I would take her phone and hide it in my pocket so she can watch the road! Her parents had just bought her an 06 Camry about two weeks ago and she flipped it twice today for texting the words "lol ur 2 funny" to her bestfriend. Well anyway I have not heard anything of how badly hurt she went of the road into a ditch and the car started to flip.

This should be a lesson to everybody that any little distraction can really hurt you or others lives. Drive safe!

I dont really have that problem, I just sleep and drive
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

sorry to hear that....

this is why even holding a phone/ipod while sitting in a drivers seat is illegal and gets you a huuuge fine along with points on your licence here.
      ..[CB7][STAR]..
      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

If she had her seatbelt on, she'll come out in better shape than you think. New cars like that are safer than most of us can comprehend if you wear your seatbelt.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
          If she had her seatbelt on, she'll come out in better shape than you think. New cars like that are safer than most of us can comprehend if you wear your seatbelt.
          Very true, not only do all cars have seatbelts but many newer cars have seatbelt pretensioners, most of us don't even know what they do. When the airbags deploy the seatbelt pretensioner tightens up your seatbelt pulling you back into the seat so you don't go forward before it locks up like our CB's do

Always wear your seatbelt and don't text and drive please

if you have to text at least don't do it like a fucking idiot on curvy roads with other cars around. Usually if i get a text i will ignore it or tell them im driving.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
            I'm pretty sure she had it on as she usually does. And I'm 90% sure she will probably just be there over night to make sure she is fine and be sent home tomorrow. I just hope she gets the point that texting and driving is extremely dangerous to not only yourself but the others around you.

Comment

I think the fine for texting while driving should be as severe as drinking while driving. Even still people won't get it and it will still be a problem.

My last CB was totaled when a teenage girl re-ended me while texting. I have no sympathy for people who hurt themselves in crashes due to texting.
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

I got word that she is alright. She just called me and the first thing I did was yell at her for texting Shes staying over night and has to go to court for the texting and driving and she lost her license.

Just because you are a guy does not mean you are a better driver. If anything guys are the dumbest drivers because we like to race, go fast and try to get away with things. Girls overlook these things and usually just go with the flow of traffic.

Comment

I've done it. Hell, I've replied on here (just as concisely as I normally do... proper punctuation and all) and commented on Facebook. I can't say I'm proud of it, or that it was smart. It's incredibly stupid. I've come close to driving off the road. I never do so with traffic around, but that doesn't make it any better. I've been getting better with it.

Sadly, nobody believes anything bad will happen to them. They just assume it only happens to someone else. When it finally happens to them, it's too late to stop it.

I hope your friend is alright.

Comment

I too am guilty of the occasional "LOL" or "b ther s00n", but it is a distraction nonetheless.

Glad she's ok! She lucked out, this is the best lesson one can learn.

life is good.

Comment

I'm guilty of paragraphs...

I could text without losing focus on the road when I had a phone with a standard keypad. I had the buttons memorized, and I know how many times to hit each one to say what I needed to say. I'd tap it out, and then look at it when I came to a stop to make sure it said what I meant. Once I got the iPhone, I can't do that anymore. The buttons aren't buttons. Just pictures on a screen. It's very stupid.

Comment

OP, glad your friend is alright. I just hope she learned her lesson like you have been telling her for a long time.

I won't even answer my phone when it rings and i'm driving. I hear about talking on the phone or texting caused accidents too often.

Heck you guys remember that link i posted about the girl who wasn't paying attention while texting and she fell into a fountain? I even commented about had she been driving instead, someone would have been seriously hurt.

Comment

When I was at my last job, I was in my work truck driving down the road, where it's 3 lanes. Girl in the lane to the left of me was in a white Grand Am. We only noticed her cuz she was kinda hot, and then we noticed she was driving, but kept looking down at her passenger seat for extended periods of time.

After about the 5th time she looked down, the Chevy Avalance infront of her stopped for the red light and she looked up just long enough to make an OMWTFBBQ face before she plowed right into the back of the Avalanche.

I keep my texting to an absolute minimum when driving, especially now since it's illegal to be using handheld electronic devices while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            OP, glad your friend is alright. I just hope she learned her lesson like you have been telling her for a long time.

I won't even answer my phone when it rings and i'm driving. I hear about talking on the phone or texting caused accidents too often.

Heck you guys remember that link i posted about the girl who wasn't paying attention while texting and she fell into a fountain? I even commented about had she been driving instead, someone would have been seriously hurt.
                            I remember that video. It's sad that some people can't even walk and text. It's sad to know that my sister will be the next one to crash. I refuse to drive with her anymore because she is just completely unaware of what she does. She is a horrible driver to start off with and to make things worst she is always going through her purse, on the floor, going through curvy back roads after being in a near death accident.

Comment

Years ago (I'd have to find the article for details) there was this girl a few towns over who came around a corner texting and hit a motorcyclist head-on. The older gentleman on the bike was killed I know that much. Was in school 2 hours away at the time and am unclear on the details but just thinking of stuff like that? I mean, it's one thing to endanger yourself and possibly wreck your car but taking someone else out in the process is teh major suck...

Something I could never live with knowing.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X