Might have yet another Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have yet another Honda

Well, as soon as I get a phone call approving my credit....hopefully...I don't see why not...

I will be trading in the Mazda and get behind the wheel of a black 2007 Civic EX 5 speed.

78 000km, balance of factory warranty left til 100k. Grey cloth, tinted windows, manual, sunroof, everything but Nav. Very nice car.

I looked at an '06 EX yesterday, and after driving the Civic, I absolutely fell in love with everything about the car, and I am a HUGE fan of the interior, which is most important, since that's where you spend all your time.

I'm managing to cut my interest rate in half, as some of you recall, I am paying 20% on the Mazda. They're looking at getting me 9.5% on the Honda, and they're giving me $6k for the Mazda, and the remaining balance rolls over into the Civic financing, and I'm not even paying much more, and my insurance stays the same.

Here's a quick pic I snapped. I hope to know the results by Monday.

Link to dealer ad: I'mn also getting it for less than the list price, if I do get it.
    http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...ownedImg=false

I think this is a more practical and sensible car, and something I would rather be in for 5 years. The Mazda I think, is a rather juvenile car, and there's many things that bug me about it, hence why I have not been happy with it. Yes, the Mazda is a blast to drive, but many small things add up to one big annoyance with that car.
    Last edited by crazymikey; 04-30-2011, 01:52 AM.

god how much money do you make? ive wanted to trade my mazda in for a while now but cant afford to

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Railroad wages.

The payments will jump up marginally, but nothing that will break the bank. I'd rather pay slightly more for a car I really like, plus I'm going to get a better interest rate.

With the $12k I paid for the Mazda, at 20%, I'm paying $7000 interest over 5 years, so my car will cost me near $20k.

By doing this, I've made payments for 1 year on the Mazda, just to get into another 5 year term with the Honda, thus making car payments for 72 months.

But hey, some people finance 1 car for that long. Plus whatever, when it comes time to sell the Civic, it'll be a hell of a lot easier to sell than the Mazda.
      Last edited by crazymikey; 04-30-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Ive told you before....but Id do everything to get out of making car payments

You know whats awesome....railroad wages

You know whats even more awesome.....railroad wages when you dont have to give them to somebody else

You seem pretty set on getting rid of the mazda though....and having owned an 8th gen civic they are fine cars to own....though anything with a k20 in it would be fun to own....I never drove anything but the si....but Id imagine the lower trims would be just as good to own.

Id get a ruckus....actually I am getting a ruckus....price of gas is rediculous.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I want out of the Mazda so bad that I am willing to stay with car payments as long as I can get into a car I actually want and like, and honestly, there aren't many newer cars that tickle my fancy.

I wanted a Subaru so bad, but then I realized it's going to be expensive to run and maintain.

With the way gas prices are, which just jumped from $1.12 to $1.25 back to $1.17 and now up to $1.24, I think maybe a 1.8L 40mpg capable car is a rather smart choice as a daily driver. Although I do only drive about 25km to work and back, I don't do a ton of miles anymore.

It's just that I bought the Mazda mostly with emotion rather than thought at the time, and I've regretted it ever since. Rather than come up with $4000+ out of my own pocket to sell the Mazda and pay off the loan, I'll just get a slightly newer, better, nicer car.

The Civic has winner written all over it for my situation.

And yeah James, the wages are nice...hell, I'm on training wage still until July....and I'm not even making that much during training, but I am making more than my old job, so I'm already ahead of the game.

One day, in the future I will be debt free. *snickers* yeah...riiight..... But you're only young and dumb once.

Comment

bleh ive been paying for 3 years now. still got 2 left. since the car itself isnt under my name, im screwed. the mother figure wants a truck...thats auto and 4cylinder. i tried talking her into a subaru baja for the longest lol. got close too. but im stuck with the piece of shit with a fucked up a/c switch in hot ass/humid florida thats running on its second transmission already

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i've got an '09 Civic EX. I like a lot things about this car except for the huge A pillars and the slow as hell automatic.

Check the engine block on those first models from the 8th gen because i hear they have a tendency to develop cracks.

I'm on 8thcivic under the same SN here but that is a great place for info on them.

Comment

ah yeah I heard about the crack issue. Pretty crazy. But hey, I can always do an engine swap lol.

I found myself very comfortable in the Civic and thought all around visibility was very good, compared to the Mazda. It's a roomier car inside and a mugh brighter feeling interior.

Just the whole atmosphere of the car felt so much nicer than the Mazda.

If it comes down to it and I'm stuck with the Mazda, I suppose I'll hang onto it for a little longer. I recently just did the front brakes and that stupid purge solenoid that goes bad.
                Last edited by crazymikey; 04-30-2011, 01:47 AM.

Comment

So what color was the Civic you were looking at? I've got a silver sedan.

Comment

Sounds good man, I almost got one of these in coupe and white but LX and payments were almost $300 which would've been almost double the payment of my Versa...again, girly but I like it.
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

....the one in the pic in the first post lol

Comment

I guess that means you're not getting it?
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          ....the one in the pic in the first post lol
                          lol i didn't even see that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                            I guess that means you're not getting it?
                            Only getting it if I get approved credit at a lower rate so the payments don't bump up any more than what they will be with the price we've negotiated.

Comment

Had to get my buy out faxed in to the dealer today. They're still working on my credit app.

I was denied by their "regular" financing firm, but they've got a few more options they're working on.

If worst comes to worst, I need to wait til July before anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X