I need some help finding a wheel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help finding a wheel!

I cracked one of my wheels the other day. It won't hold air, and it's not worth trying to repair it (it cracked where the spoke meets the rim.)

I got these wheels because they were cheap... $80 each, brand new... but they were cheap because they were discontinued! Now I can't find a replacement, and I'm pissed.

Actually, that's not true... I've found replacements on a few sites, and they all want $106 for the wheel (which isn't bad), and $57 to ship it to me! That shipping for a 20lb wheel is just absurd.

So, I'm asking you guys for help finding a replacement wheel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

I'm looking for ONE 16x7 4x100/4x114.3 Konig Traction (graphite/machined... I don't think they come any other way.)
    I believe it was a Discount Tire Direct exclusive model.
    It'll be shipped to zip code 08021.

I've looked at Vividracing.com and illtechauto.com... both had the same price and shipping cost.

hey man long stretch here but did u try a local shop like a townfare tire..when i worked there there was a few poeple that had some rare rims and such..like ur problem...they might not be made by the same company but they will find a match and you dont have to pay for ship

my new turbo build

Comment

I have never heard of that company.

The only places around here that sell rims are Pep Boys, and they sell very few brands (like Ikon, Motegi, American Racing...), and the ghetto shops that have any 22" chrome wheel you can dream of...

Comment

Hey Deev if you have FB check these guys out to see if they have that rim, but I don't no what they'll charge for shipping, it's worth a try http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...08834149137887

New heart and soul H22A4
        Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
        Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
        Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

Damn Mike if it was a stock rim I could have helped you, but that's the thing with aftermarket rims they come and go. Once they discontinue them thats is it they become hard to find after that you know.

Comment

Originally posted by honda_mike View Post
            Hey Deev if you have FB check these guys out to see if they have that rim, but I don't no what they'll charge for shipping, it's worth a try http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...08834149137887
            Looks like they only have higher-end stuff... these are low-end Konigs, originally sold exclusively through discounttiredirect.com.

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
            Damn Mike if it was a stock rim I could have helped you, but that's the thing with aftermarket rims they come and go. Once they discontinue them thats is it they become hard to find after that you know.
            Yeah, stock would be easy enough... I've never damaged a rim beyond repair before. I figured I'd beat these up, and I don't care about scuffs and dings (that's why i got the cheap ones!) but I never expected to break it so it wouldn't hold air! Certainly not in about a year's time...

I've found them on those sites mentioned above, and I'm sure there are more people that carry them... I just don't want to be gouged on pricing! I'm going to borrow two of my friend's Enkei's (that have been in my basement for years) and ride on those until I figure out what to do. If I can't find a reasonably priced replacement, I'm just going to use the remaining 3 as spares, and get new tires on my steelies. The good part about that is that i'll finally have working TPMS again! (this is on the Fit.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I cracked one of my wheels the other day.
              Drifting accident?
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Pothole.

Comment

http://wheelsdirectonline.com/en/Kon...Konig-Traction

Site claims free shipping, but you have to email. I don't know your thoughts on it.

I'll keep looking.

Comment

Its not just the weight, its also the size. A 16" wheel would certainly be an oversize package, extra $$$. I shipped a 20lb turbo to Ohio for $18 bucks or so, a wheel coming from Cali most likely, could cost much to ship, but then there is also "handling", which is an indeterminate amount set at random by the wheel company.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

just throwing this out there:

i bought a 15X8 steel wheel on ebay a couple weeks ago. Shipping weight was 30 pounds. shipping was $20.20.

good luck finding a wheel!
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

If you're having this hard a time finding replacements, may be a good idea to buy 2 or even 3 or 4 as replacements. Especially if you can get free shipping with x amount.
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I'd be ordering a full set, in that case... might as well just change to a different style (I'm not really in love with this one, and the machined surfaces corrode terribly...)

Comment

Since they've been discontinued it may not be easy. And even harder to find a secondhand set. Did you try contacting Discount Tire just out of curiousity mike?

life is good.

Comment

I probably should have...

I think I'm going to just get new tires on my steelies. The Fit looks like arse anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X