X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn my car into a convertible.

Seriously.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/lbg/2334391739.html

I have a 2010 Honda Insight 4 door that I'm wondering if anyone can covert to a rag top convertible.

I would only want this done by a reputable dealer/shop.

For consideration, please email me pics of cars you have done in the past, and a price quote for my car.
    Last edited by JoshM; 04-20-2011, 02:25 PM. Reason: added quote from ad
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

lol
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I have a sawzall.....
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
        Not convertible but done local.....

Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 04-19-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

i was like.....topic

Heard it was a insight he wanted to convert
          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Not convertible but done local.....

I remember that. It was a 5th gen coupe turned into vert.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

I remember that. It was a 5th gen coupe turned into vert.
              He still has it.... v6 now...

Comment

whaaat? really? pics or it never happened.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

Comment

That picture looks amazing.

There's nothing wrong with an Insight vert, if it can be done properly.
                  The problem with converting a street-driven car into a convertible is that the chassis has to be properly reinforced... or it can be dangerous.
                  A convertible hybrid would honestly be something new... yet another thing Honda could pioneer (since they released the first mass-market hybrid with the original Insight, and now the first manual-transmission hybrid with the CR-Z)

I don't think the guy that posted that ad understands what will be involved... but the end result he desires isn't a bad concept, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    , and now the first manual-transmission hybrid with the CR-Z)\
                    The original Insight had a manual option.... I know because I was working on some ladys and when I was pulling it in she said "Thanks for riding my clutch" (Yeah its easy to tell if you are "riding the clutch" while under battery power)

Comment

That picture looks amazing.
                      The car is done right... The person that did that car painted my cd5 the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                        The car is done right... The person that did that car painted my cd5 the second time.
                        You gotta give me a call man. I might need to find that place..the coupe needs paint later l and Im not about to take it to Macco in Lawrence..
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

Really? The original insight had a manual transmission? Wow.
                          Eh, either way... Honda is still the pioneer! Though the "new" aspect of the CR-Z just took a big hit in my eyes! (it's still a sweet looking car, though...)

Yeah, that one in the picture definitely appears to have been done right... and if it wasn't, it was done right enough to be a show car!
                          A lot of people don't understand that there is much more involved to making a car a convertible than just hacking off the roof.

Oh, and also... the 2010 Insight is a 4 door vehicle... I wonder how the guy expects that to happen...

Comment

Really? The original insight had a manual transmission? Wow.
                            Eh, either way... Honda is still the pioneer! Though the "new" aspect of the CR-Z just took a big hit in my eyes! (it's still a sweet looking car, though...)

Yeah, that one in the picture definitely appears to have been done right... and if it wasn't, it was done right enough to be a show car!
                            A lot of people don't understand that there is much more involved to making a car a convertible than just hacking off the roof.

Oh, and also... the 2010 Insight is a 4 door vehicle... I wonder how the guy expects that to happen...
                            Yup... I am pretty sure (90%) the 0?-05 gen Civic Hybrid came in manual also.. Current gen Civic they stopped that. I talked to him about it and alot of support and bracing was added to that car.

Comment

You gotta give me a call man. I might need to find that place..the coupe needs paint later l and Im not about to take it to Macco in Lawrence..
                              Yeah they know what they are doing... Not cheap or the fastest but the best... Basically they start paint jobs at $3k... You need to stop by my house in the next couple weeks I am pulling the turbo H22 in the coupe to start the "secret project"

Comment

Working...
                              X