Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get from Canada To U.S. How do you go about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get from Canada To U.S. How do you go about?

How do you go about getting a car to the states from Canada? I know someone who wants to purchase a used car there and bring it here but they don't know about going about it the guy in question spoke to the used car dealer and asked if he can purchase from them and have them deliver it to states he said no it may be sized by customs or delayed I'm sorry I'm confused also anyone ever did this kind of thing before? any help is appreciated thanks again. Billy
    Destiny Struggles To Reassert The Pattern That Was Meant To Be. Also Some Of These Members Are Wise Guys With There Wise Guy Answers . Also only inexperienced drivers put donuts in front . You can follow me but it's going to hurt!

I've never exported from Canada and imported from the US. May wan to google search it.

I looked into exporting from the US and importing to Canada - would have had to get export papers, export it at the boarder and then import it into canada. I forget the whole procedure but it can cost $$ - it's not free.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Is the car they are looking to import something that is not available in the US? If so... that's going to be nearly impossible to get it in here without a LOT of money.

If the car has a US equivalent, then it's not very difficult. Look into US importation laws.
      Basically, even though Canadians speak our language (aside from those that speak French...), look like us, and share a border with us, Canada is still a completely different country. No different than Germany, or Japan. Importation laws are no different. The only difference is that you can drive the car over the border.
      Just do some research on importation laws. I looked into them when I wanted to buy a Skyline years ago... I learned that I couldn't afford to do that (if I could, I could afford to buy a new R35... )

Comment

man Id love to import the 1.7 EL. but it seems like its a PITA

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+import+a...da+into+the+US

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            man Id love to import the 1.7 EL. but it seems like its a PITA
            they are so many of those running around in S Fla bro, ive seen a few hooked up ones around my area.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I cant see it being that difficult to import an EL or CSX (and i just recently learnd you guys never got the suzuki swift) as there is a US counterpart.

I dont see why anyone would want to get an EL though....its essentially nothing more than a top trim civic...id rather the CSX....and I realize the CSX is the same thing...but at least it looks different and you can get different JDM goodies for it.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
              X