Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official GT4 thread (if you have the game, this is where to talk about it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official GT4 thread (if you have the game, this is where to talk about it!)

I just figured I would make an official thread. There are plenty of "it's not out yet" and "it's coming soon" threads... Here is the official one for those who HAVE it and want to talk about it

So, I'll begin. I'll share what I have, and some tips I've picked up.

My first car was an 88 Accord (bought with the GT3 money I transferred). I hooked it up about to the limit, earning my money in the Sunday Cup (the car you win is worth $8400). The Accord doesn't handle all that well though, unfortunately.

I needed something more powerful for some of the other events, and I wanted something 4wd... SO, I bought a Galant VR4. I maxed that out at like 360hp, doing the Sunday Cup, 4wd Challenge (easy when the VR4 is modified... 1500 a race, but the Mazda 6 you win is worth nothing), and the Tsukuba Wet course in the Special Conditions course (where I won a worthless RX8... but $5000 for only 2 laps)

I must say, the best modifications to start with are tires and suspension. After that, go for weight reduction and brakes. THEN step up the power significantly. Cars that can take at least a Stage 3 turbo are nice Nitrous is also a really cool addition. Unlike NFSU, it's actually useful, and lasts long enough for frequent use on a 2 lap race. With a 300hp bottle-fed Galant VR4, you can win that tsukuba wet racee easily against R34s, Evo7s, and just about anything else they throw at you.

My real goal was to beat the Rally d' Capri (the second one in the Special Conditions hall). I read that you can get a beast of a car, with an amazing price tag. Well, the Accord would lose by 30 seconds every time there... The VR4 sucked balls too, coming in 15 seconds late. I needed something a little more suitable for that stupid race. Enter Diahatsu Storia X4, the 4wd only-one-in-stock $8000 used dinky turdbox. I took the VR4 to the wet track like 15 times to get the money to fully trick the Dahatsu out (everything but the fully customizable things) and what do you know! It worked! That little 180hp thing actually won by 7 seconds on the first try!

So, I got my $250,000 Toyota RSC Rally Raid car, which rules... the car is nice, and the price is even better. Now I can beat that Rally d' Capri anytime I want with the dinky Daihatsu, and I can afford any car I want in the game!

Sorry for the book. Just wanted to share! Feel free to share your tips, tricks, stories, etc... If anyone can find a way to cheat through the license tests, I would love to hear it! I hate thsoe damn things!

For those of you that are itching to get online with GT4, brownaznkid has created a very nice how-to You should be able to get the game online for less than the cost of the game itself (if you have to buy everything needed... many people will have the necessary things)
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=17919
    Last edited by deevergote; 02-28-2005, 07:20 PM.

well.. i started off with the '91 prelude Si and poured about 40,000 from the previous GT3 credits into it. it handled decent and had enough power to win a few of the beginner class races (FF, etc.). however, of course it wasn't powerful enough to hang with the big dogs in the Japanese championships. so i eventually made the decision to knock out a few birds with one stone and buy the 350z roadster (drop top). not only could i run the Roadster and FR beginning races with this car, but i built it up to about 450 hp and it can handle the cars in the J Championships. the 350z sounds so good in this game, too. also, i ended up using that old small car you win (8,000 dollar 70hp one) for the lightweight cup. that's a fun little car when turboed, lol.

i haven't really gotten a chance to run anymore of the races, but i do hear the special condition events aren't too hard and net you some pretty sweet cars! so... i guess i'm looking for a 4WD car now

Comment

Actually when I first started I didn't transfer over a full 100k credits since I forgot that I had purchased the C5-R in GT3. So at first I had a '98 Type-R 'teg that was ok but not really that great.

I erased my save game, sold a car in GT3 and reimported everything. Then I went a tricked out a Lotus Elise 111R. That sucker is FAAAAST. It actually needed the rear wing since it got really floaty above 130.

I used that to beat Rally d' Capri and also to beat the Sunday Cup, MR challenge and Spyder/Convertible Challenege.

Then I needed a FF car. Well, my friend has Pulsar so for kick I tricked out the EXA (Jap name for the Pulsar) and kicked ass in the FF challenge with that.

For my 4wd car I bought a '03 Legacy 2.0GT Spec B (haven't modified it yet) and for my FR car I tricked out a Tacoma X-Runner (430 NA hp:d)

Haven't been able to spend a lot of time playing it yet but I do plan on getting the wheel when I get more time.

Comment

i guess there's no Cb7 in GT4 right?
        ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

nope.

Comment

99 skyline gtr 400 hp! and im passing the turbo races in professional.
            95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

I just beat the Japanese championship... the A level race. Won a 350Z concept race car... like 500hp. Nothing special The race cars usually don't interest me much.

5am, going to bed now.

Comment

hmm I had no idea the credits were tranferable. I wish you could transfer credits from GT1 and GT2
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I started with an FC without transferring any credits and i used it to beat the japan championship. It was pretty easy once i earned enough money to max it out (since i didnt transfer credits).

Comment

This game is good; I just wish the outside view was loose...it's gonna be really hard to drift, and it kind of makes me a little dizzy. Anyways here's my story- I transferred my 100K and got an MR2; got it up to ~350HP with other basic mods. It's alright, kinda hairy to handle and not that fast. Prob. not the best purchase. I did some races and got an old school WRX; got some money with that, then hooked it up for the race of the Pleiades (the Subaru race). I blew those guys out of the water and got a WRX LMish car...sold that, got $225K out of that race, and now I have a seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexy ass FD RX-7, M3 and G35, both dropped on race coils and mildly hooked up in my garage. What I really want right now though is a Game Shark...beating the game is fun and everything but I don't really have time for it; I'd much rather just get all the cars I want and drift/do time attacks. I really like the plethora of tracks, especially the old ones...High Speed Ring brings back high school memories. This game is the shit.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                      I really like the plethora of tracks, especially the old ones...High Speed Ring brings back high school memories. This game is the shit.
                      Autumn Ring and some more of the old school tracks..i remember them
                      im actually gonna go sit down and play it now I love the techno music before you actually started racing in the game.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i hate you all with your free time... but you know what? who cares because i bought the Logitech GT wheel..

too bad i cant play too much... Stevens owns me

Comment

98 3000gt 856 hp stage 4 turbo and 586 hp nismo 400r, and corvette zr-1 supercharged to 560 hp

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

I don't have ps2

I'll just have to wait for Forza.

Comment

I have the full line of Celicas in the game, I drive the 91' Celcia GT4 RC at 560hp. Stage 5 turbo w/ bottle and everything thrown in. Also have a Evo 5 that is at 550hp. For my FF car I chose the 89 CRX SI which is at like 290hp. I have beaten almost all the ones I can, and have completed all the b-ia rally races. Its fun, but not as good as I expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X