No announcement yet.

moped Performance Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol 1.3gal, and if thats the stock engine which I highly doubt, it looks like a GY6 I think, but stock they get 114mpg FTMFW, which is why I got one, for runnin around town on, 114mpg vs 23mpg hmmm

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Doesn't weezo have a modded ruckus?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Doesn't weezo have a modded ruckus?
        Yup, a badass one!

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The GY6 only gets around 60-70mpg, not a 100+. A 50cc on the other hand gets around 80-90 depending on what you have done to it.

If you can find a 50cc frame and 150cc engine on the cheap cheap, you can get a mount kit from monstergy6.com and mount that bitch up. The mount is expensive but if you can get the frame and the motor cheap, it would be one sick setup.

Comment

cool......heh heh...at first I was like "mopar tuning...isn't that already taken?" lol

folks will make fun of you for trying to performance tune a vehicle that was only designed for efficiency and reliability...but...I think we're used to that already
            ____

Comment

Just get a 250 motorcycle.. Same price, they get like 60mpg, You can take them on the highway, and they are almost fast enough to accelerate out of getting run over

Comment

They make 250 scooters too... for those that are too afraid to shift gears on a bike!

Comment

damn i fucking hate scooters/mopeds. they look really dumb to me. i'd much rather ride around on something like this:

50cc dirt bike, you can get a ton of parts for them, swap on a 125cc motor, and there's actually a pretty big stunt scene around them. i've ridden my friends' 50s quite a bit and am looking to get my own. they are like a motorized BMX bike, and even have pictures (somewhere) of one of my friends who took his to an outdoor skatepark that was right next to a car show we went to and did some pretty sick shit.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i have an all original 1981 honda express. shit is dope. soo much fun to ride around the city on.... my friends are big into peds. theres a huge subculture into it u just gotta dig a bit. i say go for it!

IMG_2475e by crsfoto.com, on Flickr

spare ur jokes... im comfortable with who i am! haha

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                      i have an all original 1981 honda express. shit is dope. soo much fun to ride around the city on.... my friends are big into peds. theres a huge subculture into it u just gotta dig a bit. i say go for it!

IMG_2475e by crsfoto.com, on Flickr

spare ur jokes... im comfortable with who i am! haha
                      I'd rock that

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Awsome moped I saw at Honda

Comment

^Looks like a Honda Cub (or Super Cub). Those things are pretty neat being semi-auto 3 speed (no clutch). I was riding a scooter (2 stroke 50cc Yamaha Vino) in Japan to commute to work or go shopping. They are great over there where traffic is always slow and you can just squeeze past all the cars waiting at the light.

Don't know if I'd get one here though. Scooters and bikes are a part of Japanese transportation but I don't think it would fit in well in the countryside where I live where everyone drives 55mph or faster and just are not aware of bikes sharing the road.

Comment

wtf...there is a 250cc NINJA? ooook...crazy

I might get a 250cc bike...Q-Link makes some very good looking ones too...they top out below 70mph though so I would only get one if I work closer to home.

I'll most likely go with a 500cc...but for $3000 brand new...I could ride a 250cc one of these...
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              wtf...there is a 250cc NINJA? ooook...crazy
                              Maybe I am missing a joke in this but ill answer seriously... The 250cc Ninja is probably the highest selling 250cc motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                                Maybe I am missing a joke in this but ill answer seriously... The 250cc Ninja is probably the highest selling 250cc motorcycle.
                                I always saw the "ninja" brand as a performance bike...so one under 500cc took me off guard I guess...

but no you didn't miss anything...I did HA HA
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X