moped Performance Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moped Performance Tuning

I knida want a moped as second transportation but then i got to think how potentialy cool this could be. What do you think?
    Thats AWESOME! I would do that.
    25.00%
    Intresting, but not for me.
    16.67%
    Not intrested.
    0.00%
    That sounds kinda dumb.
    58.33%

The poll is expired.

No. Just no.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

What kind of moped? Some are ugly as fuck, some are terrible, and some are "okay". I guess it depends on what type it is, the size of the motor, and your overall goal with it.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        What kind of moped? Some are ugly as fuck, some are terrible, and some are "okay". I guess it depends on what type it is, the size of the motor, and your overall goal with it.
        im thinking the 49cc because those are the most common. the goal, well my goal would be to have a custom scootie thats just a tad bit faster than the rest.

Comment

So no visual or suspension modifications involved? Just a little faster? If so, nah. Get a 250cc motorcycle. It'll look better and be faster.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            So no visual or suspension modifications involved? Just a little faster? If so, nah. Get a 250cc motorcycle. It'll look better and be faster.
            I would consider suspension if it was cost efective.

does that require a motorcycle stamp on my licence? Insurance?
            Last edited by WiggneedsJDM; 04-15-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

i have mixed feelings on modding scooters.

i think the only one i would consider is the rukus. they have a huge aftermarket.

for the price of a ruckus, you could get an entry level bike with actual gears though. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

a scoooter as second transportation? IMO bad idea if you are planning on riding it on the road next to other vehicles. you'd be safer in an '88 Civic.

Comment

just take the bus lol
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Avoid many of the chinese made 49cc mopeds. Or, well, I call them go-peds.

They're really not that bad. Some may think you swing both ways though, if you look like you're having too much fun on one. But they're definitely sick. And with gas prices going up, ya can't beat 60mpg. Granted that's on a 1.25 gal tank but you get the idea.

I too have thought about purchasing. But already having two cars and other goodies I'd have to sell something to make the room and am not ready to do so.

life is good.

Comment

I have a 2010 Peace Sports 150cc and I keep up with traffic like it aint no thing. Ive had my fair share of chinese 50's and even though I never really had any problems, they sucked. I have done a few big bore kits (72cc) on a few of them and it really speeds em up. If all the roads around you are 4 lane and around 35-45 mph you will be ok on a 50 IN THE DAY TIME. For some fucked up reason some people don't see scooters at night time and will commit a hit and run because they don't want their insurance to go up. But honestly man, I would just get a 150. You can get them almost the same price as a 50 and most of the time depending on where you are, they can be passed off as a moped and not have to be registered. My 150 has been gps'd at 56mph and its plenty fast and its def not a terd. I also have a moped tag on mine

Comment

This is how we do it in Puerto Rico:

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I see a lot of commenting on scooters, but not mopeds. They're two different beasts. Mopeds are legally limited (in most places) to 50 cc engines and they have to have pedals like a bike. They don't require a motorcycle addition to your license usually, and there really isn't a whole lot you can do to them performance wise, You could do a jug conversion for more displacement, change the exhaust pipe and the jets for the carb, maybe the sprockets. In the end, if you go with a moped, it's like a fat chick: A lot of fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you doing it.

Comment

That is all.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post

That is all.
                              I would ride this. Though, not very far. Look at the size of that tank!

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Working...
                              X