How tough is a CB7??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
    If your not going for longevity. Do something about the battery fuse hardwire it or something, when you hit someone if the right thing hits the alternator its going to blow that sucker. Then your just siting out there cause the car wont start and its something that simple

Just my .02
    I though about that and im goina take that alternator out and run on the batter. I might run 2 batters just in case. I see the same thing happening cus the core support will hit it when it starts moving. Ill be running 1 fan and moving the fan over so its safer when things move. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Thats some fancy welding going on there

But really, this is cool. Any thoughts on taking out the main fuse and putting in some hard wire or a copper strip? In my accident I shorted and blew the fuse from one small impact to the front.

Comment

Yea, they are some nice welds. My eyes are already sore from what has been welded and that is just 20% of all the welding that needs done. I still got 3.5 doors, hood, front bumper, header and a 4 point cage to weld. Time im done itll be a tank.

I moved all the wiring from under the hood into the passenger floor and neatened up the rest. Ill leave only the main fuses that will run the car and have the others as spares. Ive never had any problems running a setup like this. The only wire that may short out would be for the fan and it would be hard wired to a switch.

Comment

Its official!!! I got permission to put the CB7Tuner.com on my derby car. Im defiantly goin to put on one hell of a show now just for you all.

Comment

fuckin right!
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Update

I got some more work done. I got the old exhaust out and got the steel wheels on.

Finished the new flange

Finished the new header. It sounds great and is hella loud.

Finished the new front bumper.

I got the hood on and got the hole cut for the header.

Took out the alt and ac for clearance for the rad.

Stay tuned cus theres more to come.

Comment

I'm lovin the header! I registered on wecrash. My username is LTWhite. I went and took some pics of that shadow today to, and I'm taking lots of advice from this thread as well as wecrash's K-car thread. Hoping to bring home some money, but I'll settle for some bruises and a good time.
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

That header sounds killer. Ill get a video of it and the the rest of the car later. Good to hear you found some good info on your car.

Comment

Yep. When is your derby again? I have until July... And lots of work to do. Hopefully I can pull it all together. The hardest part to me is going to be fuel tank set up. What do you run in yours? I'm thinking a boat tank, metal cage around it... I just don't know how to run my fuel lines and pump. I've read about it, just don't know how to do it since I've never done it before.

Comment

Can't wait. Loving the progress too!
                      1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                      2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                      2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                      2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

Video Update

The derby is on May 14th. Ill be using the stock tank just moved into the back seat. Thats the easiest way to do it on FI cars.

So loud it kills my mic for a few secs.

Comment

I swear you should paint some bad ass shark teeth on the front of that bumper.
                          That header is tits .. how much for a group buy?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

So, you have 13 days...

Where are the videos coming from? Are you going to have it filmed from the crowd? In car? Helmet cam? Do tell!

What else is left to do on the car?

Pretty freaking awesome that you are doing this! I've always wanted to see a cb7 derby since I joined this site!!

Comment

So, you have 13 days...

Yep

Where are the videos coming from? Are you going to have it filmed from the crowd? In car? Helmet cam? Do tell!

Ive been making the videos as I go so there are what it did that day. Every time I work on the car, I take a pic/vid and update it on here so its up to the min updates. I will have someone record the derby from the crowd. I wish my crash cam was still working cus I wanted an in car cam set up too.

What else is left to do on the car?

I still need to pull the gas tank and move it to the back seat, switch out the drivers door with my DD, weld up the other 3 doors, Weld some pieces of angle iron on the hood/finders to hold my hood in place, finish welding the front bumper up, mount my door plate, add a bar behind the driver seat, finish up the wiring, paint and I think thats about it.

Ill get her done by the 14th. Ive built cars in a weeks time start to finish so ill have her done. I know its gettin closer to the derby cus im gettin excited and wired. Cant wait!

Comment

Man that's kick ass! I'd kick you a donation if I wasn't so damn broke for the moment...

Comment

Working...
                                X