I think they killed our squirrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they killed our squirrels

My wife and I had three or four squirrels that we've been feeding since we got here. We've not seen them since Sunday/Monday. I was starting to get nervous so I looked around on our patio. I think the land lord put poison out for them

They're essentially our pets. We had names for them and knew each one by sight. Two grey squirrels and two black ones.

The two grey ones were moulting pretty bad so we were worried it may be mange. So we got some medicine for them and started giving it to the male. Now we've not seen any of them for 3-4 days.

Sent an email to the land lord yesterday. Really hope those boxes I saw aren't poison but I've got a bad feeling they are.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

That's a shame.

I have this chipmunk that runs back and forth across my driveway. I leave it sunflower seeds on occassion but i haven't seen it in a while either. I think the cat from across the street got it.

Comment

The one's name was Barf. My wife and I got a sumo table from my uncle as a bridal shower gift (not funny :P ). within 5 minutes of putting it outside, our squirrel threw up next to it. From then, named Barf. Then we saw his wife which we named 'mrs'.

Barf got so used to us that I could feed him from my hand.
      My Car

Comment

Checked with our land lord. Not poison. The black boxes are supporting a pipe for the HVAC unit and they plugged a hole where the squirrels were living. That's why we've not seen them.

Sad they're gone but at least they're not dead

I was going to start streaming a live 'barf' cam. If they come back I'll work on it again
        My Car

Comment

lol.

i love squirrels.

i'll watch.

Sorta not cool, but one time i ran one over even though i tried to avoid hitting it. I swerved all over trying to miss it.. I swear it's like it was trying to get hit. Fucker just dove headlong under my wheels. I know i got it too, cuz there were two thumps. I was pretty bummed.

yeah

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

buy your own damn pets.

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
              adopt your own damn pets.
              Fixed it ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
                lol.

i love squirrels.

i'll watch.

Sorta not cool, but one time i ran one over even though i tried to avoid hitting it. I swerved all over trying to miss it.. I swear it's like it was trying to get hit. Fucker just dove headlong under my wheels. I know i got it too, cuz there were two thumps. I was pretty bummed.

yeah
                I know the feeling. I was on my way to work one day and this small squirrel ran out in front of me. I too knew i had ran it over because of the thumps. I felt bad all day.

I swear birds dive at me now when i'm driving along a street called Neeb. The squirrel incident was like 9 years ago.

Comment

My only relationship that I had with a squirrel..

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                  -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

LOL. That's what I've been doing with these ones. We normally buy a 1-2kg bag of peanuts and feed them for about two weeks. They motor through those like a damn wood chipper.

We just started treating the one for mange. We think it's just shedding its winter coat but we wanted to be safe. He got one dose out of three and now I'm not sure if we'll see them again. Hopefully they figure out how to get back on the roof
                    My Car

Comment

Its a shame that someone would intentionally want to kill them.Theyre so damn cute.I remember I once wacked one that was chillin by a tree with a weed eater on accident and felt so bad because I had to put him out of its misery.It got cut up bad.I still think about the poor thing and this was like 6 years ago!I think its bad ass that youve gotten so close to them.I hope theyre safe and maybe just out and about building a new home.Keep us posted on this one!
                      Last edited by pninja82; 04-15-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Birds!

Originally posted by Leung View Post

...I swear birds dive at me now when i'm driving along a street called Neeb...

DUDE! A couple months ago i was driving down highway 20 to work and out of the median/ditch comes like 6 or 7 small birds flying right out in front of me! Im already doin' like 70mph, so swerving was not the best option. I ended up hitting at least 5 of em' with my windscreen and i know at least one got tagged by my license plate..(feathers stuck in frame).. I looked back and saw the poor thing in its last throws of life, flapping one of its badly broken wings helplessly, before it was done in by the guy behind me. I don't know what happened to the rest of them, but it couldnt have been good..i hit em' pretty damn hard.. I felt pretty shitty.

And before that, i nearly hit a low-flying Great Blue Heron.. These things are fucking huge!..Like seriously, it woulda fucked up my windshield, had i hit it..maybe even made me crash..
                        I did swerve for that big-ass sum'bitch..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

This is my pet rat.

he lives in harlem at 145st.

I named him Splinter.

Comment

I don't feel bad about about hitting birds anymore. They are so fucking retarded, if they sit in my lane while my truck barrels at em around 70mph, then they have chosen to end their existence.

I destroy roughly 2-3 birds a month. If I'm on a gravel road and no one is around, I will usually back over them and make sure they dont suffer. Other than that, NO MERCY. Fuck them little shits.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I hit a turkey yesterday leaving work. It was crossing my side of the road, to the oncoming side, and about to exit the road completely. As soon as I was a foot away, it flew back to my side of the road... and died... because my bumper is harder than it's head.

I feel bad about your squirrels! Maybe you'll find some new ones to chill with.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X