Anyone with the older model Xbox360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with the older model Xbox360

Do you guys have game discs that develop cracks in center hole that radiates outwards towards the data area?

Between my brother and I with any new game that comes in the new recycled cases, it always cracks. Any game disc that comes in the metal cases are fine.

a regular copy of MW2 cracked, BlackOps, and now Halo Reach cracked.

I have had my 360 for about 3 years now and not one cd has cracked on me so maybe you should check out the xbox? Open up the cd slot and with a flashlight carefully look in there.

Comment

yeah i'll check it out, maybe the spindle that the disc sits on is damaged.

Comment

actually i have the same prob with my mw2 and ncaa football 11. i dont rip them out the case so im unsure on what caused it

Comment

yeah we just press down on the middle of the case where the disc sits and then gently pop them out. We always remove the disc from the console too when we're done playing. I think it has to do with the case design not the disc drive.

Comment

i had my 360 for about 4 years and sold it to my brother 6 months ago... neither of our mw2's or any game have had this issue

Comment

my boys xboxx does this...i just thought it was how he handles his games...i have one of the launch 360s and it doesn't do this...

Lou's Build Thread!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
              "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

nope. when i had it it never did that at all

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i had that issue with a game... it was definitely the stupid dvd style cases they come in.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

i had the launch white 360 and the laser went bad on it, fixed it when i opened it i saw the laser module had two knobs, one for the intensity of the laser and one for the spindle speed. maybe thats the problem the knobs move around slightly when you play. i now have the Halo 3 edition 360 and nothing has gone wrong with it
                    Originally posted by scudweiser
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I have the old one, and I've never had any issues at all with cracking or disc damage. Then again, I don't play it very often, either.

Comment

I have an original 4 year old Elite 360 and haven't had any issues with games cracking.
                        I've had a few issues with some discs that come in the flimsy recycled cases and had to return them to the store to get one that wasn't damaged.
                        And of course I've had every issue you can imagine with the actual console, but I've fixed those quite a while ago and it's been working like a champ for a few years now. Just need to find a way to make it quieter...
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                        X