Kia, worth it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia, worth it or not?

so my girl is getting 5k from her dad to put down towards a new car..this is her graduation gift. There are many so cal Kia dealers that sell Kias New starting at 7k.

Right now she drives a cb too and she doesnt want to drive it after shes a college grad, so she wants to get something cheap, but also reliable as were gona live about 40 miles from where our school is.

I have looked online and really havent gotten a good clear answer to their reliability. I got some gas mileage things, but nothing else. I want to see if it would be good for my girl to get a Kia or not. Do any of you have, or had owned a Kia and would recommend it?

Are there any persons that you know personally, or yourself, that has had problems with them in general other than regular maintenance?

Would insurance be a bitch also?

Seeing as we are getting married in September and we will have to get our own insurance policy. Its gona be my CB, and her new car. Our ages are 21 and 23 and other than red light camera tickets for my girl and one speeding ticket for me that has been cleared by traffic school for me, we have clean records ..

LMK what you guys think.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

imo kia's are not that cheap. But, if you and your girl are happy with a Kia (after test driving of course) keep the car in mind but I would also test drive other cars that could be a little more expensive, but could be worth the extra few bucks in payments.

I personally like the Kia Soul and Forte Koupe, and have heard great things about them, but prices are comparable to cars I really like such as the Honda Fit, and Ford Fiesta.

Just gotta get out there and test drive the cars. gl with the hunt
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

I worked as a Kia Parts counter at the dealership for a year, to what I see, they are good cars now. Anything before 2004 is straight trash!!!!
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

forte coupe or spectra5

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

thanks for the input guys. I was looking into the kia forte koupe also

of course we are going to test drive the cars that we are considering, but as for something a little more expensive..the reason were trying to keep it under 7k is because we are going to live together and we cant afford a big and expensive car. She has good taste in cars. She wants a TSX or a TL but thats out of range right about now

If we can get a New Kia compared to a used car at the same price range, my thought was why not. They are about 7k plus taxes and fees and all that, but it will still be cheaper that a TL or TSX

Rush

Comment

I have an 05 Kia Spectra5. Its falling apart, cruise control doesn't work, the paint is fading, the grill is falling off (no accidents, just dry rot), the front lip fell off one day, and the transmission is on its way out at 100k. Hyundai symbols are stamped all over the engine and transmission. Its a very torquey and has nice handling, the transmission and interior just SUCK. My sister has a 2007 Sonata 5 speed and the transmission is fucking up and its barely got 80k on it. So if my opinion, KIA SUCKS. I saw 5 Kia Rios 2005ish at the Pull a Part today that weren't even wrecked. They last 3 years and its time to buy a new one. Get a nice 7th gen Accord thats in awesome shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
              I have an 05 Kia Spectra5. Its falling apart, cruise control doesn't work, the paint is fading, the grill is falling off (no accidents, just dry rot), the front lip fell off one day, and the transmission is on its way out at 100k. Hyundai symbols are stamped all over the engine and transmission. Its a very torquey and has nice handling, the transmission and interior just SUCK. My sister has a 2007 Sonata 5 speed and the transmission is fucking up and its barely got 80k on it. So if my opinion, KIA SUCKS. I saw 5 Kia Rios 2005ish at the Pull a Part today that weren't even wrecked. They last 3 years and its time to buy a new one. Get a nice 7th gen Accord thats in awesome shape.
              my older brother had a KIA spectra and that thing would whistle as he is driving down the road. I've gone back with him to KIA and they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Comment

I am pretty sure you will not drive out of there for 7k... The cheapest kia is the Rio and its base msrp is like 13k.... The Soul is a little more and the Forte is over 15k.

Comment

Anything you get that cheap, NEW, is not going to be built to last. Corners are going to be cut to save on costs and generally that comes from R&D. You'd be better off buying a used Honda for that price. I don't think there are any cars brand new you can purchase for 7k anyways.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

If you are buying it brand new and it's got a full factory warranty and you don't plan on keeping it to drive into the ground, why not.

There was a period when I was pretty sure I was going to have a ridiculously long commute to work and I was planning on buying a Nissan Versa base model (MSRP 9,999) to put a bunch of miles on to commute. I figured it'd be great to have a brand new car just to put tons of miles on.

EDIT:

Then I bought an 18 year old 4wd Toyota Pick-Up and said screw commuting. Live and learn I suppose.
                    Last edited by AccordWarrior; 04-02-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I actually have an 05 Elantra GT as a daily..right now I'm averaging 39 - 42 mpg. I'm pretty damn happy I am too
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I also forgot to mention that I get 22mpg DRIVING LIKE A TOTAL 169 YEAR OLD LADY.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          Anything you get that cheap, NEW, is not going to be built to last. Corners are going to be cut to save on costs and generally that comes from R&D. You'd be better off buying a used Honda for that price. I don't think there are any cars brand new you can purchase for 7k anyways.

this is what i thought too..the cheaper and faster they produce them, the cheaper the parts used..

and yes, they are 7k..this dealership sells kias at rediculous prices..and I mean rediculous..last year their special was 2 kias for 14k..

brand new factory 5yr 60k mile warranty..thats what their commercials and billboards say..and no fine print..

Rush

Comment

Yea its great if you are planning to drive it into the ground. One thing they dont mention in the fine print is that they have no resale value at all.

Take that 5k and put it towards a nice used Honda or Toyota, something that has value. The cheapest Hyundai now is the 10K Accent. Maybe in 2005 you could get a 7k Rio, but your woman wouldn't want to drive it. No AC, PS or radio. yeaaaa awesome
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                              this is what i thought too..the cheaper and faster they produce them, the cheaper the parts used..

and yes, they are 7k..this dealership sells kias at rediculous prices..and I mean rediculous..last year their special was 2 kias for 14k..

brand new factory 5yr 60k mile warranty..thats what their commercials and billboards say..and no fine print..
                              Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                              I am pretty sure you will not drive out of there for 7k...
                              Cheapest Kia currently made has a dealer invoice cost of over 12k.

Link the site of the dealership....

BTW Kias have a 10yr 100k warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X